|Commitment:||Full Time||Contract Type:||Direct Hire|
|Practice Area:||IT||Education:||Undergraduate Degree|
Our client in Dallas is looking for a Project Manager to join their team. The Project Manager is responsible for project and portfolio management for the firm's Information Technology department. The Project Manager assists in project definition and scoping; creates and maintains project plans; defines project schedules; ensures that project objectives are agreed upon, tracked, and met; and maintains relevant project and portfolio management applications to ensure that all IT projects are proceeding on time and within scope.
This position is a member of the Information Technology team based in the firm's Dallas headquarters and reports to the Director of Application Development.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Use a combination of Agile and Waterfall project management techniques and tools on IT projects.
- Proactively anticipate, prevent, and solve problems during project lifecycle. Lead group problem-solving efforts with team members of various levels.
- Work with IT project owners and business stakeholders to define project objectives, resources, scope, and budget.
- Create, maintain, and/or oversee project plans, monitor project progress and ensure that objectives are being met.
- Gather and consolidate information from project resources.
- Lead project meetings.
- Ensure that action items and status are clearly communicated.
- Schedule meetings and other project activities as required.
- Manage issue and risk tracking; conduct triage and track resolution.
- Work with IT departmental managers to ensure that resources are properly allocated and recorded.
- Manage vendor relationships on projects requiring consultant and/or vendor participation.
- Foster an environment that embodies agile development principles.
- Proactively work with other teams to manage dependencies, integration and testing activities.
Education & Experience
- BA/BS degree required.
- 6+ years of project management experience with proven track of successfully managing 3 large finance/accounting and SharePoint projects.
- PMP certification preferred.
- Certified Scrum Master preferred.
- Previous exposure to Microsoft technologies. (SharePoint, Servers, Databases, Windows, Web)
- Ability to prioritize tasks and contribute to multiple projects simultaneously.
- Strong interpersonal, problem-solving and project management tools and skillsets.
- Strategic thinker with good business acumen.
- Capable of working independently, within team, and across teams.
- Must have experience in managing both "agile" and "waterfall" projects.
- Strong commitment to project success; willingness and ability to take personal ownership to ensure that project goals are met.
- Exceptional documentation and communication skills.
- Excellent time management skills; ability to simultaneously manage multiple projects.
- Demonstrated expertise with project and portfolio management toolsets.
- Experience implementing custom application development and integration solutions.