Help Desk Manager
|Commitment:||Full Time||Contract Type:||Direct Hire|
|Practice Area:||IT||Education:||Undergraduate Degree|
Our client in Dallas, TX is looking for a Help Desk Manager to join their team. The Help Desk Manager is responsible for overseeing the timely delivery of quality technical support service to attorneys, support staff, and all other Firm employees. This position requires both knowledge of the software and hardware systems being supported as well as effective personnel management in order to successfully manage a team of Help Desk Specialists.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Ensures that all work performed is documented in accordance with IT policies and procedures, including the proper opening and closing of work orders and documentation of support activities in the work order system by all IT Support team members.
- Prepares on-call rotation schedules for all IT Support team members. Approves and submits payroll and time off requests for IT Support Specialists.
- Produces and analyzes metrics and reports to chart progress towards departmental service goals. Ensures that progress is made to improve and enhance the service levels delivered by the IT Support Team.
- Develops solutions to make improvements or address problems related to the Firm’s technical support operations.
- Proactively looks for ways to improve the overall support delivery experience to end user and takes action to implement those enhancements.
- Supervises the creation of IT support knowledge base solutions with full and complete documentation for both internal IT use and for the end-user base.
- Creates and edits documentation as required.
- Acts as the primary support escalation point for Help Desk team members.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- 7-10 years of experience providing technical support, preferably in a law firm or professional services Help Desk environment.
- Previous supervisory work experience leading IT technology and support teams.
- Strong PC, Windows and applications knowledge. Previous experience working with document management software, time entry software, PDF manipulation software, and document comparison software preferred.
- Strong leadership and time management skills.
- Industry standard certifications in IT management strongly preferred.
- Must have breadth and depth of IT knowledge that includes understanding of Microsoft operating systems and desktop architecture.
- Ability to maintain a high level of flexibility and to learn and support new applications.
- Knowledge of Track-IT ticketing software a plus.
- Excellent analytical, troubleshooting and problem-solving skills.
- Must be willing to travel.