|Industry:||Accounting / Tax||City/Region:||Dallas|
|Commitment:||Full Time||Contract Type:||Direct Hire|
|Practice Area:||Accounting||Education:||Undergraduate Degree|
Our client in the construction industry is an establish and growing company looking for an Assistant Controller to join the team. Our client offers an amazing working culture, excellent benefits and long-term stability. Ideal candidate will be a CPA with construction industry experience (job cost accounting) as well as public accounting. This position reports to the Controller directly. The Assistant Controller will be supervising and mentoring the accounting team. The focus will be managing and leading Staff Accountants, Month-end close process, Financial Reporting, overall GL, job cost reporting and assisting with auditing.
Day to Day Responsibilities:
- Supervise team of accountants, prepare month-end closing. Prepare monthly and quarterly reporting packages.
- Establish, maintain, and coordinate the implementation of accounting procedures and accounting control procedures to enhance performance and maintain integrity.
- Maintain accurate record of all company financial transactions and assets.
- Actively participate in the budgeting process and assist with financial forecasts.
- Ensure all assigned journal entries and general ledger accounts reconciliations are completed accurately and on time.
- Manage the preparation of transfers, expenses and revenue annual reports
- Prepare various cost/statistical reports for senior management as requested.
- Resolve accounting discrepancies.
- Perform internal audits and coordinate the provision of information to external auditors for the annual audit.
- Implement short- and long-range departmental goals, objectives, policies, and operating procedures.
- Four-year business/accounting degree, with advanced degree or CPA preferred as well as construction industry experience.
- Extensive experience and knowledge of all aspects of corporate accounting and financial management