Technical Business Analyst
|Contract Type:||Direct Hire||Practice Area:||IT|
|Education:||Relevant Work Experience|
Our client in Dallas is looking for a Technical Business Analyst to join their team in Dallas, TX. The IT Business Analyst is responsible for reviewing, analyzing and evaluating business systems and user needs. This position works with a team to develop, test, and implement IT systems to further business objectives. The IT Business Analyst demonstrates an expert understanding of SQL, Agile, and Business Analysis.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Develops and documents project scope, user stories, and acceptance criteria.
- Prepares functional specification documents and user interface guides for the reference of end users.
- Elicits requirements and scope using interviews, shadowing, document review, surveys and other techniques.
- Effectively communicates with development team to ensure that business goals are met in a timely manner.
- Liaisons between business leaders, IT directors, and application development team to plan and support production releases.
- Demonstrates ability to quickly break down and understand ambiguous requirements, as well as identify gaps and dependencies.
- Expresses requirements using user stories, business rules, storyboarding, personas, ORD, process flow diagrams, etc.
- Manage multiple tasks to deadline while communicating progress at regular intervals.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in computer science, IT, or related field
- 5+ years as a Business Analyst in a fast-paced web development environment (Microsoft .NET preferred)
- 5+ years working within an Agile/ Scrum Environment as a Business Analyst
- 3+ years working in a web application environment with SQL databases
- 3+ years writing complex SQL to help analyze data, conduct feasibility study and user acceptance testing (experience with Crystal Reports, SSRS preferred)
- Highly polished and professional communication (verbal/ presentation/ written) appropriately tailored to the audience (team, leadership, business)
- Solid understanding of high-level architecture with the ability to discuss rationale for potential changes
- Project management experience preferred
- Superior analytical and problem-solving abilities