|Industry:||IT||Contract Type:||Direct Hire|
|Compensation:||Competitive Compensation||Education:||Relevant Work Experience|
Based in Huntington Beach. Our client is looking for a Systems Administrator is responsible for the technical design, planning, implementation, and the highest level of performance tuning and recovery procedures for mission critical enterprise systems. This ideal candidate will serve as the technical expert in the area of system administration for complex operating systems. In addition, Identify methods, solutions, and project planning in order to provide a high level of service to the customers of the department.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Responsible for system assessment, process analysis, identification of system requirements, maintenance, functional definition of planned system changes and coordinating these changes.
- Responsible for identifying and implementing information system solutions that support more efficient and effective work performance based on inherent knowledge of business functions and processes.
- Experience (hosted or on-premise) in servers, storage, desktop, and, networking equipment and installing, configuring, and troubleshooting Blade servers, SAN storage running highly available virtual technologies (VMware, Hyper V) is essential.
- Responsible for maintenance, administration, back up, integrity, and reliability of all Windows systems including Active Directory, Exchange, SharePoint, SQL, IIS
- Develops and manages project plans for the deployment of new and/or changes to information system applications.
- Responsible for the coordination of all system maintenance, upgrades and projects related to system function and operability.
- Performs troubleshooting as required. As such, leads problem-solving efforts involving internal and external vendors and other support personnel and/or organizations.
- Establishes guidelines and methods for the installation and management of the host computer operating systems, disk arrays, fiber channel switches, tape libraries and other components.
- Ensures high availability and acceptable levels of performance of mission critical host computer resources.
- Develops procedures, programs and documentation for backup and restoration of host operating systems and host-based applications.
- Manages the data center and computer host systems including hardware, software and equipment such as air-conditioning system, UPS (uninterrupted power system) and fire protection system.
- Positions in this classification may perform all or some of the responsibilities above and all positions perform other related duties as assigned.
- Perform 24x7 troubleshooting, including off-hour maintenance activities, problem resolution, and on-call troubleshooting efforts during data network outages
- College degree or related field and/or 7 years equivalent work experience.
- Deep-seated experience with Microsoft server and desktop operating systems. MCSE desired
- Experience (hosted or on-premise) in servers, storage, desktop, and networking with install, configuration and troubleshooting Blade servers, SAN storage running highly available virtual technologies (VMware, Hyper V) is essential.
- Extensive knowledge and proven experience with Microsoft Active Directory, Windows Servers, Exchange 2010, SharePoint, IIS, SQL, VMware.
- Deep Knowledge with Cisco UCS, Palo Alto Firewalls, Netapp SAN is a big plus.
- Experience with managing backup servers, antivirus tools and servers,
- Experience with VOIP telephony systems is a big plus.
- Experience with Monitoring and systems management tools (IBM Bigfix, Solarwinds) is a plus
- Some experience in automation of server maintenance, writing scripts to automate server operations.
- Ability to conduct research into a wide range of computing issues as required.
- Ability to absorb and retain information quickly.
- Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language to non-technical staff and our restaurant operators.
- Keen attention to detail and proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks with an appropriate sense of urgency in a high-performance environment.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills.
- Strong documentation skills.
- Exceptional customer service orientation.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.