|Compensation:||Competitive Compensation||Education:||Relevant Work Experience|
Based in Irvine CA we are seeking a strong System Administrator to add to our team! Ideal candidate will be responsible for the technical design, planning, implementation, and the highest level of performance tuning and recovery procedures for mission critical enterprise systems. In addition, recommend the redesign and configuration of operating systems and system applications, Investigates and analyzes feasibility of system requirements and develops system specifications.
- Manages the day-to-day operations of the enterprise host computers by monitoring system performance, configuration, maintenance and repair. Ensures that records of system downtime and equipment inventory are properly maintained. Applies revisions to host system firmware and software. Works with vendors to assist support activities.
- Develops new system and application implementation plans, custom scripts and testing procedures to ensure operational reliability. Trains technical staff in how to use new software and hardware developed and/or acquired.
- Works alongside help desk staff including training and evaluating. May guide or provide work direction to technical staff, contract staff and/or employees.
- Performs troubleshooting as required. As such, leads problem-solving efforts often involving outside vendors and other support personnel and/or organizations.
- Establishes, maintains and manages end user accounts. Installs, modifies and maintains systems and utility software on server computer systems. Provides server support related to other software.
- Establishes guidelines and methods for the installation and management of the host computer operating systems, disk arrays, switches, firewalls and other components.
- Ensures high availability and acceptable levels of performance of mission critical host computer resources.
- Develops procedures, programs and documentation for backup and restoration of host operating systems and host-based applications.
- Provides leadership in planning and implementation alongside CIO, of projects for computer operations and enterprise systems administration.
- Develops tools, procedures, and training sessions for end users to assist with work.
- Manages the data center and computer host systems including hardware, software and equipment such as air-conditioning system, UPS (uninterrupted power system) and fire protection system.
- Bachelor’s Degree , business related field preferred, or equivalent experience
- 3+ years supporting current windows server technologies and client/server applications in a windows based network environment. Specifics include:
- Microsoft Windows Server and Exchange Server 2007/2010/2013 (or enterprise mail systems)
- Active Directory, Group Policy
- All current Microsoft Desktop Operating Systems (XP/7/8)
- LAN/WAN technologies and related equipment (switches, routers, etc.)
- Experience with XenApp/RDS or other VDI technologies preferred, but not required.
- Hands-on experience with Windows 2008 R2/2012 Server, Exchange 2003/2007 or 2010 and Windows XP/7/8 including maintenance and support
- Experience with LAN and WAN technology and firewalls (Cisco/SonicWALL)
- Microsoft Certified Professional Status (MCSE or MCITP) preferred