|Contract Type:||Direct Hire||Practice Area:||Accounting|
|Compensation:||Competitive Compensation||Education:||Undergraduate Degree|
Our client in the Construction industry in NYC is looking for a strong Staff Accountant with GL and AR experience to join their growing team! Excellent pay and benefits.
Job Summary: The Staff Accountant will be responsible for providing day-to-day oversight of accounting and financial activities for the company. This role supports and works directly with the VP of Finance and a team of Sr. Accountants with departments objective.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Responsible for the financial oversight and approval of accounting transactions in Company, by reviewing and approving check runs.
- Provide a Monthly P & L and Balance sheet report.
- Review and provide a weekly cash available report.
- Reconciliation of payroll, Company credit cards and benefits.
- Maintenance of accounts within QuickBooks software
- Monitor and update A/R and A/P status for inclusion in bi-monthly receivables and payables reports for Senior Management.
- Provide and analyze monthly P & L accounts
- Prepare balance sheet account reconcilements as requested
- Recommend and implement agreed process improvements to the billing cycle.
- Prepare special project analysis working directly with Project Managers and others.
- Provide oversight to the monthly closing process including bank reconciliations and adjusting journal entries.
- Provide year-end support of auditor requirements, which may include research and reconcilement.
- Prepare and submit sales tax paperwork
- Assist in creating any standardized forms.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Minimum of 3+ years within the construction industry or engineering/architecture industry.
- Bachelor Degree in Accounting or Finance
- Strong experience with Excel and QuickBooks.
- Ability to self-manage multiple projects at same time.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and strong organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently, take initiative, set priorities and see projects through to completion.
- Analytical Skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Accounting: 3 years