|Commitment:||Full Time||Contract Type:||Contract to Hire|
|Practice Area:||Accounting||Education:||Associates Degree|
Our client in Dallas is in the Medical industry and is rapidly growing in the DFW area! They are looking for a strong Staff Accountant to join their team and be a part of the enormous growth. Our client takes pride in their company culture offered and keeping their employees happy is a key component to their success. Their benefits package is above market standard!
About the position:
Reporting directly to the Assistant Controller, the Staff Accountant is primarily responsible for the preparation and management of the financial statements and participation in month end close.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Preparation of Journal Entries- amortization of prepaid, accruals and coding according to GAAP and company policy.
- Assist in preparation and analysis of monthly financial statements ensuring accuracy and timely reporting.
- Review source documentation and verify proper coding.
- Heavy account reconciliations monthly, researching and resolving any issues identified.
- Respond to financial inquiries in a timely and accurate manner.
- Assist in preparation of schedules and financial statements for internal and external audits.
- Responsible for working closely with management in the monthly closing of general ledger.
- Work and support AP dept with verification of expenses and decision making with invoices
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Associate or bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience in the field of accounting, finance or business
- Three to five years of experience as a staff accountant performing general ledger close for multiple entities, account analysis, and account reconciliation in a multi-location environment.
- Knowledge of Google Suite (Sheets, Docs, Slides) and Microsoft Excel is preferred
- NetSuite experience is a plus
- Strong organizational skills, attention to details and ability to manage multiple tasks with minimal supervision