|Contract Type:||Direct Hire||Practice Area:||Accounting|
|Compensation:||Competitive Compensation||Education:||Undergraduate Degree|
Our client in the Burbank area in the pharmaceutical industry is looking for a strong, hands on, multi-tasking Staff Accountant to join their team.
- Assist with the month-end financial close. (i.e. reconcile general ledger accounts, analyze account discrepancies, and record accruals).
- Prepare monthly journal entries as well as bank and credit card reconciliations.
- Assist with the monthly financial package and related variance analysis.
- Day to day will include A/P, A/R, collections, providing customers with statements, and posting payments.
- Preparation of the weekly check run.
- Tracking of fixed assets.
- Preparation of the monthly commissions reports.
- Involvement in the company business plan, including the detail and variances.
- Assists with completing payroll, management of employee PTO balances, and Time & Attendance reporting.
- Interact with other departments to confirm proper execution of routine daily transactions (i.e. receipt of goods, AR invoicing, AP invoicing, cash applications, production entries, expense reporting, etc.)
- Help prepare and monitor key performance indicators.
- Examine general ledger reports and investigate and report any irregularities
- Develop procedures and accounting policies to maintain and enhance internal controls
- Work with the Chief Financial Officer to review & implement improvements to the accounting system and procedures for increased efficiency.
- Assist with the annual financial audit.
- Complete the company sales and use tax filings
- Three+ years accounting experience.
- Preference will go to candidates with at least one year of Public Accounting experience within Audit.
- Demonstrates and applies knowledge in the fields of cost accounting, inventory controlling, and financial reporting and analysis
- Working knowledge of GAAP and internal controls.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Hands on intermediate to advanced knowledge of a major accounting software. Experience with Quickbooks is a plus.
- Advanced experience with Excel and Microsoft office
- Ability to see the "big picture," and prioritize competing requests.
- G/L experience required.
- Good understanding of fundamental accounting transaction flows including system interfaces.