Sr. Treasury Analyst
|Commitment:||Full Time||Practice Area:||Accounting|
The Sr. Treasury Analyst will assist with treasury responsibilities for the firm, including: domestic, international and corporate treasury, banking and financial analysis. Will assist with outside financial institutions and handle the daily cash/treasury functions internally.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Oversee daily management of cash and debt (tracking cash balances at our banks and where applicable daily borrowing position).
- Complete required wire or account transfer transactions. Work closely with Accounts Payable to ensure transactions are correctly recorded. Related to this are activities including completed journal entries to record cash movement and maintaining a current wire-log.
- Provide guidance and support of the bank account reconciliation process performed by General Accounting. Evaluate, research and correct entries where appropriate.
- Analyze historical cash flow to determine trends that can be used in the forecasting model. Maintain/refine current cash forecasting model to better identify risks and potential cash needs.
- Assist in working with groups outside of Treasury to provide necessary forecasting data to improve the overall forecast.
- Serve as a point of contact for internal customer support and act as a liaison between banks and the Firm for ongoing cash management issues.
- Assist in month-end closing reporting with corporate accounting, including maintenance of loan schedules and corresponding loan agreements, and validation of cash and debt balances reported in the balance sheet.
- Review account analysis statements for accuracy and track cash management services used.
- Aggressively manage bank fees structure continuously finding ways to reduce the fees structure and maximize available cash, heavily focusing on optimization of our banking structure.
- Maintain effective and well documented information on current and proposed banking structure (bank account information, flow charts, signatories and related authorizations.
- Act as the point of contact for managing all bank accounts (new, closed, transferred accounts). Setup Users. Maintain profile for all bank users.
- Works closely with the Director of Treasury and Controllers - Financial Services and General Accounting to determine annual capital term loans strategy and execution with partner banks.
- Assists with the implementation of policies and procedures, including compliance with internal controls. Ensure backup documentation of bank activities are maintained for audit purposes.
- Leadership in management, tracking and reporting for the Firm’s Credit Card and Merchant Programs. Review monthly reports from the Merchant Program to assess accuracy, trends, and related fees while evaluating opportunities to reduce fees.
- Other special projects as required, including backup research for auditors; daily cash activity reconciliations, downloading bank statements at end of month and other ad hoc reporting.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance.
- CPA preferred but not mandatory depending on job experience.
- Two to four years of banking, treasury or finance experience
- Acute attention to detail and organization. Highly developmental and a fast learner with the potential to progress into further responsibilities with the Firm.