Sr Tax Accountant
|Industry:||Accounting / Tax||City/Region:||Dallas|
|Commitment:||Full Time||Contract Type:||Direct Hire|
|Practice Area:||Accounting||Compensation:||Competitive Compensation|
|Education:||Relevant Work Experience|
Our client in Downtown Dallas is looking to hire a SR Tax Accountant to join their team.
The ideal candidate will need to be able to demonstrate 5-7 years relevant tax experience (State & Local Tax Experience a must) CPA designation preferred. Looking for a team oriented, hard working individual that takes ownership of projects and has the initiative to thrive in a fast paced, dynamic environment. Must be able to multi-task and manage multiple ongoing assignments.
• Audits key areas of the ledger and ensures all accounting transactions are properly recorded.
• Supports and provides documentation and prepares schedules for partner quarterly State Income tax estimates. Prepares and files estimates timely.
• Collaborates with the team to research, analyze, and resolve State tax issues.
• Prepare monthly sales tax reports for State sales tax filings.
• Assist with preparation of indirect taxes including use, property and excise
• Determine sales tax applicability to purchases and invoices, and submit for sales tax returns
• Prepare quarterly tax provisions and estimated / extension liabilities
• Participate in wide variety of special projects as requested from senior management
• Correspond liaise with the partners and governmental agencies relating to tax notifications.
• Identify and research tax issues related to company transactions and partner matters
• Coordinate deadline calendar to ensure compliance with various regulatory agencies
• Tax preparation and planning, general ledger accounting, payroll, sales and property tax preparation.
• Strong Excel skills are imperative for this position.
• Specific knowledge of individual, partnership, and state and local taxation is required.
• Proficiency with accounting and tax preparation software applications
• Exposure to nonresidents and the US tax impact of foreign operations
• Preparation and review experience of Partnership and individual tax returns
• Adept at managing deadlines and the firm's monthly and annual work flow
• Willingness to assist others and provide training, as well as communicating well with other team members, the firm’s partners and third-party service providers are all extremely important
• Ability to work overtime, including weekends as required, is expected during busy tax season
• Extremely organized and communicative
• Demonstrates proficiency in Microsoft Excel functions
• High degree of initiative and independent execution; full ownership of job tasks
• Ability to perform in a deadline-driven environment with constantly changing priorities