SR Property Accountant
|Practice Area:||Accounting||Compensation:||Competitive Compensation|
|Education:||Relevant Work Experience|
Our client in Uptown Dallas is looking to hire a Senior Accountant to join their team. The main areas of responsibility of the Senior Accountant will focus on project accounting, budgeting, cash forecasts and reporting.
- Prepare monthly journal entries for assigned projects (accruals, COS, sales, etc)
- Projects will include development accounting and partnership accounting
- Be the point person for the project and development managers for assigned projects.
- Communicate and coordinate with other personnel on all matters relating to the projects.
- Prepare financial statements and reports as required for lenders, partners and internal divisions
- Prepare account reconciliations
- Coordinate and complete annual audits
- Review builder and vendor contracts to ensure terms are adhered to.
- Review note and loan agreements and ensure compliance with all terms.
- Prepare monthly loan draw packages and submit to lenders
Budgeting & Cash Forecasting
- Prepare annual budgets for projects, coordinate with Project and Development managers
- Prepare/review budgets for Communities overhead, such as payroll, marketing and office/administrative costs
- Prepare cash forecasts for assigned projects throughout the year, to be used internally or for outside parties.
- Prepare variance analysis comparing actuals to budget or forecast
- Anticipate cash needs, prepare capital calls for Partnerships.
- Responsible for all aspects of reporting for assigned projects which includes reporting to internal divisions, lenders, joint venture partners and districts.
- Work with staff accountant and accounting assistant on weekly/monthly internal reporting.
- Review weekly check selection, review coding of invoices
- Write reports to automate and expedite reporting in either excel or software
- Maintain fixed asset inventory
Qualifications and Key Competencies:
5 – 7 years Real Estate accounting experience, CPA or CPA eligible
Accounting software experience (JDE preferred but not required);
Strong knowledge of accounts payable, accounts receivable, reconciliations, cash and accrual accounting methods, partnership accounting, development accounting and contracts.
Proficient in Excel, knowledgeable in Word & PowerPoint
Strong communication and interpersonal skills, team player, great attitude
Strong organizational skills and detail oriented
Ability to work independently
Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and to multi-task