Sr. Payroll Specialist/ Payroll Manager
|Commitment:||Full Time||Contract Type:||Contract to Hire|
|Practice Area:||HR||Education:||Undergraduate Degree|
Our client in North Dallas, is a fast growing software company looking to hire a Payroll Manager to run with processes in payroll domestically and internationally. This role will not manage people, just manage processes and be the go-to in payroll. Ideal candidate will have experience handling processes in a fast-paced, high-growth, team-oriented environment and will love working independently and be part of growth from the beginning.
Day to day: This role will handle daily payroll processes domestically in the few locations they have in Europe. This role reports to the HRIS Analyst. Candidate will handle processing duties with ADP Workforce Now, the HRIS and payroll solutions. Must have experience working closely with Accounting and finance teams.
- Manage the processing of multi-state domestic and international payrolls, ensuring compliance with applicable state and federal wage, hour laws, and other applicable statutory regulations
- This role will serve as main point of contact for international ICPs
- Manage workflow to ensure all payroll transactions are accurately and timely processed for domestic and international employees
- Coordinate submission and approval of time-sheets for US hourly employees
- Reconcile final payroll reports to make sure proper processing of payroll taxes, 401k contributions, and benefit deductions for US payroll
- Work closely with HRIS Analyst to implement US Open Enrollment module and ensure proper benefit deductions and benefit taxation
- Must have experience working with accounting team in order to support payroll journal entries, review payroll tax reconciliation and tax filing reports
- Prepare bi-weekly, monthly, quarterly, year-end, and ad-hoc payroll reports as requested
- Process other deductions: payroll garnishments and 401k loan repayments
- Build and maintain process and audit trails for all payroll transactions
- Create and standardize payroll-related best practices and drive continual improvements and efficiencies
Personality: Highly organized, understand complex payroll for various countries, commissions and bonuses.
- Prior familiarity with ADP Workforce Now or Workday and experience implementing a payroll/HRIS system required.
- Advanced-level experience with Microsoft Excel.
- Prior experience with global mergers and acquisitions and/or IPOs preferred.
- Certified Payroll Processing (CPP) or Fundamentals of Payroll (FPC) certification is preferred.