SR or JR Patent Docket Specialist
|Compensation:||Competitive Compensation||Education:||Relevant Work Experience|
Our client in Boston is looking to hire a SR Docketing Specialist on a direct hire basis.
The Senior Docketing Specialist is responsible for project work, including accurate review, entering, processing and tracking of critical dates for all IP-related patent documents received from the USPTO and foreign associates. Responsibilities include maintaining the Patent docket system, Computer Packages, Inc. (“CPi”). The Senior Patent Docketing Specialist must have prior Patent IP docketing experience of at least 7 years and demonstrate high attention to detail, excellent execution and communication skills, and planning skills. The person must be capable of organizing his/her workload, exercise independent judgment and discretion while working autonomously (seeking counsel when appropriate) and work under pressure often with competing priorities. Accurate and timely completion of responsibilities and tasks to ensure strict deadlines are adhered to and met is essential.
- Responsible for accurate review and second checking of co-workers work, processing and docketing all Patent documents received from the USPTO and foreign associates, as well as maintenance of Patent records and related docket entries in CPi.
- Responsible for entering and tracking critical dates with respect to Patent prosecution while discerning the appropriate information to enter into the docket in a timely and accurate manner; interpreting official documents and correspondence to gather necessary information for entry into CPi.
- Processes and interprets incoming correspondence from the USPTO, attorneys, clients and foreign associates for entering into the Patent database. Prepares timely and accurate reports, searching for and retrieving filing information from websites if/when needed to maintain the integrity of the CPi database.
- Promptly emails relevant communications to the attorneys especially when mail is addressed to only Patent Docketing while also saving documents to File Site.
- Regularly performs significant and recurring tasks with a high degree of priority, attention to detail and maintains follow-up on diverse activities in a timely, deadline-driven environment. Exercises good judgment in application of policies and practices in handling all patent prosecution matters handled by Patent Docketing.
- Perform additional duties as requested by the Docket Manager and Department Manager.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines and conflicting demands in a timely manner;
- Ability to read and comprehend complex materials involving legal and technical matters;
- Prior experience and knowledge of IP areas of legal practice concentrating in Patent prosecution;
- Ability to accurately and thoroughly document and file information;
- Ability to work well independently and with others to accomplish goals;
- Ability to communicate effectively with attorneys, management and staff;
- Taking ownership of your daily work and seeing it through to completion; and
- Excellent organization skills.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- Minimum 7 years of law firm experience, preferably in patent prosecution. Prior experience and knowledge of IP areas of legal practice concentrating in Patent prosecution.
- Demonstrated excellent interpersonal and computer skills, as well as a strong work ethic working independently and with co-workers.
- Excellent organizational skills that enable the proper management of the workload, exercising independent judgment and discretion while working autonomously under challenging time constraints with competing priorities.
- Strong planning and execution and proactive in taking ownership of daily work and seeing it through to completion.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to read and comprehend complex materials involving legal and technical matters; ability to accurately and thoroughly document and file information.
- Ability to communicate effectively with attorneys, management and staff.
- Solid working knowledge of Windows 7, Microsoft Office 2010 and Outlook, as well as CPi, searching skills using PAIR and foreign websites.