SR Database Developer
|Commitment:||Full Time||Contract Type:||Contract|
|Practice Area:||IT||Education:||Relevant Work Experience|
Our client in Dallas is looking for a SR Database Developer to join their team on a temporary basis.
General Statement of Duties:
The SQL Database Administrator provides advanced technical support in the research, experimentation, business analysis, and use of Microsoft SQL database systems technology including architecture, integration capabilities, and data base management. This position collaborates with the development team on setting and implementing standards for development, maintenance, and performance of key SQL database systems and activities.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Completes routine requests for changes/modifications/additions/Upgrades to SQL Server(s).
- Reviews system and application logs and verifies completion of scheduled jobs such as backups.
- Resolves technical issues related to SQL server operations to include hardware and the network infrastructure impediments.
- Performs database tuning and performance at a server and database level.
- Develops, maintains, and approves data models for large applications.
- Acts as primary support for multiple in-house applications.
- Assists in the technical analysis and design for current and future projects.
- Serves as SME (subject matter expert) for Microsoft SQL Server and coupled products such as Microsoft SharePoint, SSIS, SSRS and SSAS.
- Consolidates underutilized SQL Server instances to designated multi-use SQL Server deployments.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in computer science, information technology or related field
- 6+ years of DBA/Developer experience including
- Working within SQL Server 2008 moving toward newer version (Database Guru)
- Microsoft Team Foundation Server (TFS) and C# / ASP.Net
- Optimizing and Data modeling to ensure top performance of the data
- RDBMS (SQL 2005/2008 R2 and 2012; (SSIS/SSRS)
- Advanced knowledge of SQL Server 2008/2012, data analysis, Transact-SQL, stored procedures and functions
- Proven database design and implementation experience
- Strong query optimization, performance tuning and performance monitoring
- Ability to provide architectural solutions and resolve complex DB issues
Data warehousing and data modeling experience