|Commitment:||Full Time||Contract Type:||Direct Hire|
|Practice Area:||Accounting||Education:||Relevant Work Experience|
Our client in Dallas is seeking a Sr. Accountant to join their team. The Sr. Accountant will report directly to the Director of Financial Reporting & GL. The Sr. Accountant will be responsible for reconciling account balances and bank statements, maintaining the general ledger and assisting with month-end close procedures and other financial analysis and reporting as required.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Analyze complex financial reports and records
- Support month-end and year-end close process
- Implement and review journal entries of to ensure accuracy
- Perform variance analyses and preparation of account reconciliations
- Assist with financial and tax audits
- Document and monitor internal controls
- Coordinate more complex accounting projects and initiatives with other members of the accounting and finance team or with other departments
- Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal control
Education & Experience:
- 5 plus years of accounting experience required.
- CPA required.
- Excellent organizational skills, proven track record of accuracy and timeliness.
- Strong excel and financial systems skills.
- Excellent communication skills
- High degree of initiative and independent execution; full ownership of job tasks.
- Ability to perform in a large, deadline-driven, dynamic environment with constantly changing priorities.
- Team oriented and hard working.
- Takes ownership of projects and has initiative to thrive in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
- Can multi-task and manage multiple ongoing assignments across many departments.