SQL Database Administrator
|Commitment:||Full Time||Contract Type:||Direct Hire|
|Practice Area:||IT||Education:||Relevant Work Experience|
Our progressive and highly profitable client in downtown Indianapolis seeks a SQL Database Administrator to manage the Microsoft Windows Server 2016 platform hosted on physical servers in a 24/7 environment. The full-time direct hire position comes with a HIGH BASE SALARY, free downtown parking, gym membership and other perks!
SQL DBA KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for maintaining and supporting all Production/Test/Development MS SQL Servers, ensuring that database code meets company standards for readability, reliability, and performance.
- Install and configure new SQL Servers, on physical hardware and virtualized testing environments.
- Experience with SQL Server performance optimization, determining the most effective way to increase performance including server configuration changes or index/query changes.
- Proactively identify performance gains (index strategies, TempDB configuration, partitioning, compression, etc.)
- Audit/approve change requests to existing tables, stored procedures, indices, constraints, triggers, and views as well as audit/approve new entries.
- Advise developers on the most efficient database designs (tables, datatypes, stored procedures, functions, etc.)
- Troubleshoot SQL Server outages as they occur, including after-hours and weekends
- Assist with production system release management, collaborating with Software Configuration Manager and Operations team to plan and execute production releases, and when necessary, coordinate release reversion.
- Define the blueprint for how we monitor our production, test and development SQL Servers, and implement a solution to keep our system free from error and outages 24x7x365.
- Collaborate with Software Configuration Manager on effective strategies to improve development workflow in regard to SQL infrastructure and continuous integration methodologies
- Research and recommend innovative, and where possible, automated approaches for system administration tasks, and identifying approaches that leverage our resources and provide economies of scale.
SQL DBA QUALIFICATIONS
- 2+ years of experience using Windows PowerShell against SQL Server for executing queries and automating processes
- Experience using SQL Server dynamic management views to monitor server instances, diagnose problems, and tune performance
- Experience reviewing query execution plans for SQL Server
- Understand complex software engineering principles to be able to discuss with clarity pros/cons of various design/tool choices.
- Work and communicate well within groups
- Be comfortable working with a great deal of autonomy.