SOP Manager Role
|Contract Type:||Direct Hire||Practice Area:||Technology|
Our client is looking to hire a strong SOP Manager. This is a key leadership position, reporting directly to the VP of Supply Chain and Operations. This role will be challenged to build and implement a world class, global S&OP process across the enterprise to improve customer satisfaction, profitability, inventory turns and working capital.
- This role will lead the global S&OP process.
- Develop and execute a comprehensive demand, supply, inventory, and resource requirements plan in both the tactical and strategic planning horizons.
- Ensure all demand creation activities are included in the consensus demand planning, including promotions, pricing, and distribution expansion.
- Collaborate with product development on new products to ensure new items and categories are included in the strategic S&OP plan.
- Create and execute supply and inventory plans for direct import, domestic and global distribution channels.
- Develop supply side sensitivity analysis to identify supply chain risks. Identify and execute risk management activities to ensure resources and reliable sourcing is in place to meet growth plans.
- Manage product life cycle to include SKU rationalization, master data management and excess inventory disposition.
- Lead the S&OP management reviews, prepare all data and metrics for review, identify gaps and scenarios that must be presented, guide final decision making on open items and trade-offs, and prepare escalations for executive review where appropriate.
- Create the S&OP minutes, communicate key conclusion to stakeholders and perform follow up of the actions.
- Review, recommend and implement appropriate planning systems.
- Implement a complementary supplier S&OP process to effectively manage supplier delivery performance, capability, and risk.
- 5 years finished goods forecasting / demand planning, and S&OP experience
- BS Degree in Engineering, Supply Chain Management or Business Management – MBA preferred
- Experience establishing and/or operating an efficient S&OP processes
- Demonstrated knowledge of forecasting technology and ERP systems
- Understanding of advanced supply chain concepts and their financial impact (inventory turns, cash flow and working capital)
- Strong proficiency using PC based applications (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Access)
- Consumer goods product experience in a high-volume national network and/or big box retail