Senior Security Engineer
|Commitment:||Full Time||Contract Type:||Direct Hire|
|Practice Area:||Engineering||Compensation:||Competitive Compensation|
|Education:||Relevant Work Experience|
Our prestigious client in Dallas is looking to hire a Senior Security Engineer on a Direct Hire basis. Looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline or comparable work experience is required.
- Minimum CCNP certification with specialization in Security.
- CISM or CISA is preferred but not required.
- CISSP preferred, required within 12 months of start date.
- Significant working knowledge of information security principles and practices and at least five or more years technical experience with relevant (Cisco) LAN/WAN security hardware and software including IDS/IPS, ASAs, Routers 28xx, 29xx, 38xx, switches – 29xx, 35xx, 36xx, 37xx, 45xx, 65xx, Nexus 5K&7K, WAPs, Firewalls, VoIP and some experience with the Windows Server platform.
- Experience with the installation, configuration, monitoring, and response of network security equipment including firewalls, IDS, routers, switches, and ASAs.
- Significant experience with enterprise switching/routing and protocols including OSPF, BGP, EIRGP, HSRP and MPLS/VPLS.
- Experience with network and web related protocols (e.g. TCP/IP, UDP, IPSEC, HTTP, HTTPS,
- Experience in network security features including ACLs, VPN, L2VPN, L3VPN, IPSEC, GRE, within a Cisco platform.
- Experience with other Cisco products used in security including Web Security Appliance (WSA), Email Security Appliance (ESA), Identity Services Engine (ISE), Wireless IPS, CSM and NCM is preferred but not required.
- Experience with wireless technologies (Cisco), 802.11x, encryption.
- Strong experience and detailed technical knowledge in security engineering, security trouble shooting, system and network security, authentication and security protocols, cryptography, and application security.
- Enterprise network infrastructure and WAN security administration and maintenance for Cisco firewalls, routers, ASA, core switches, WAPs and IDS/IPS).
- Extensive design and operational experience in an enterprise class environment.
- Experience in application and design of security for multiple hardware and software platforms layers including intranets and extranets.
- Experience with incident management and threat remediation including threat analysis, isolation, identification, eradication.
- Creative problem definition and solving abilities.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to work as a team member and interact with colleagues and firm personnel professionally.
- Ability to handle multiple complex, long term projects simultaneously.
- Disaster Recovery Site planning, administration, and maintenance experience is preferred but not required.
- Fundamental skills in server operating systems are preferred but not required.
Job Related Functions:
- Has direct responsibility for performing Subject Matter Expert (SME) duties for enterprise network security architecture and design engineering deliverables across a hybrid mix of enterprise and business class systems.
- Deliver high availability (99.9%) of network security systems across the enterprise with an emphasis on minimalizing downtime associated with intrusions and other malicious activity.
- Responsible for network security architecture, design and engineering that meet all security and privacy requirements and compliance initiatives.
- Responsible for assisting in the development of a network infrastructure security roadmap and overall security strategy for the Firm.
- Assist in the design and delivery of disaster recovery plans that meet compliance related recovery objectives.
- Responsible for the administration, maintenance and monitoring of the Ironport WSA/ESA security systems.
- After hours support as needed
- Installing computer security software, conducting regular security audits, preparing security status reports, creating security documentation, assisting in disaster recovery and gathering evidence regarding cyber incidents.
- Monitoring and analyzing network traffic patterns, log and event correlation, wire sniffing, and activity monitoring as needed.
Cisco routers and switches, firewalls, ASA, IPS, WSA, ESA, Solarwinds,
Full-time, hours will be determined based on firm needs. Flexibility in work schedule required.
Adherence to all personnel policies and practices
Punctuality and regular attendance
Safe and successful job performance, including meeting productivity standards