Sales Operations Assistant
|Commitment:||Full Time||Contract Type:||Contract to Hire|
|Education:||Relevant Work Experience|
Come join a progressive company on Indianapolis’ northeast side that values its employees with fun events, flexibility and above market pay! The impressive lawnmower brand was founded in the late 1800s and offers a clear path for professional growth as a Sales Operations Assistant!
The Sales Operations Assistant supports the Sales Team including Sales Representatives, Current and New Customers and other internal departments. The Sales Operations Assistant will also be responsible for all sales support functions as assigned. This position reports directly to the Sales Operations Manager.
SALES OPERATIONS ASSISTANT ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop an in-depth knowledge of the products and utilize this knowledge to support sales operations.
• Support new product roll-outs and old/new model transition.
• Ensure all information on product/specs/quality testing, etc. is completed and uploaded into the customers’ portals, spreadsheets, etc. in a timely manner.
• Serve as a point of contact for Sales Team and address calls for most general business/order/inventory issues; escalate as appropriate.
• Support Company Trade Shows: Customers’ Expos, Samples and National Hardware Show Activities from initiating the Contract to lead follow up.
• Work effectively with internal support departments to ensure customers’ expectations are met by representing sales interests with internal meetings and projects as necessary.
• Assist with research and remain knowledgeable of industry trends and competition via timely completion of competitive shops.
• Other duties may be assigned.
SALES OPERATIONS ASSISTANT SKILLS/COMPETENCIES:
- Communication – Creates and sustains ongoing forums that encourage two-way communication opportunities; demonstrates and promotes positive prospect, client, and work relationships; proactively addresses and manages conflict and disputes; works to achieve constructive resolution.
- Results Orientation – Makes fact-based decisions and follows through to completion, analyses and uses data to assist in achieving sales goals, drives execution, initiates action and follow-ups to successful completion, effectively demonstrates how solutions will solve prospects or client’s problem(s), continuously conducts post call debriefs and performs pre-call strategies.
- Collaboration – Effectively builds and maintains partnerships with clients, prospects and people at all levels across the company. Contributes to team and company success. Maintains flexibility and reacts to change appropriately. Communicates and shares information with candor that builds trust and enhances relationships.
- Administrative Management - Continuously manages administrative functions to ensure quality and timeliness, manages accurate and timely sales activity and performance reports, analyses report data to assist in projecting trends and building forecasts, maintains accurate and complete client and prospect database.
Skills: Proficient in Microsoft software: Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook. Experience with Company Based Operating Systems, E-commerce and Supplier Portals. Able to multi-task and handle changing priorities.