|Commitment:||Full Time||Contract Type:||Direct Hire|
Our client in Dallas is looking for a Reference Librarian to join their team. The Reference Librarian will be responsible for providing reference and research services to attorneys, paralegals, summer associates, other professionals and staff in offices.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provides reference and research services to attorneys, paralegals, summer associates, other professionals and staff in all offices.
- Performs library research services including current awareness in legal, business, and other disciplines utilizing print and electronic resources for firm and client matters.
- Provides summary reports and analysis of research when appropriate
- Works with
- Global Reference Team to ensure all reference requests are filled in an accurate and timely manner.
- Participates in the Information Services Training Team in the planning, development, and standardization of programs for continuing education and for new hires.
- Conducts in-person and remote training programs for large and small groups.
- Trains and orients newly hired attorneys and other professional staff in assigned offices to the services and resources offered in the Information Services department.
- Provides needs-based and planned training to attorneys and staff and arranges vendor training as needed.
- Follows and implements the marketing strategies developed by the Information Services team to promote the department’s services and resources.
- Keeps abreast of new features and technologies as these changes affect legal research.
- Plans and participates in staff development sessions related to reference sources and developments in information technology.
- Maintains a national network of peer contacts through membership in professional associations in order to ensure quick retrieval of hard-to-find information.
- Manages physical library collection for Dallas and other assigned offices, including organizing and maintaining collection, making decisions to renew or cancel resources, purchasing new publications, processing invoices and assisting with budgeting.
- Assists with renewals and management of electronic resources used in assigned offices.
- Oversees work performed by outside library filing service and student workers.
- Bills time for research and other work associated with active client matters.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
Education & Experience:
- Masters degree in Library or Information Science from an American Library Association Accredited program.
- 3+ years of experience in a legal or business library.
- Excellent computer and research skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and other common computer applications.
- Efficiency and depth of knowledge in using standard legal and business print and electronic resources such as Lexis Advance, Westlaw-Edge, Bloomberg Law, Cheetah,etc
- Proven ability to develop and deliver training to attorneys and staff.
- Flexibility to support attorneys and staff in multiple locations using various communication strategies.
- Demonstrated ability to work well with peers and to contribute to efforts to further management’s goals.
- Strong and proven written and oral communication skills, including public speaking skills to give presentations to large and small groups.
- Knowledge of copyright laws and copyright as it applies to libraries a plus.
- Deep knowledge of Texas legal research and resources a plus.
- Excellent customer services skills and ability to excel under pressure.