|Contract Type:||Contract||Practice Area:||Administrative|
Our client in Dallas is seeking a Receptionist/Conference Assistant to join their team on a temporary basis. This role will assist with all reception and conference support. As Receptionist, this position serves as the initial appearance and tone of the Firm and Office with both internal and external visitors. The Receptionist is primarily responsible for answering and properly directing incoming calls, greeting and welcoming visitors. As Conference Assistant, this position provides assistance with conference support for meetings and special events.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Welcomes and directs clients and visitors to the Firm.
- Answers telephone and transfers calls, answering or referring inquiries.
- Maintains safe and clean reception area.
- Schedules courier pick-ups and deliveries.
- Maintains and schedules meeting room and conference schedules.
- Schedules visiting attorney offices.
- Liaison with Firm management and building management regarding facilities issues/repairs. Reports facility problems, such as heating, plumbing and lights out to tenant services.
- Provides assistance with audio visual needs for conference rooms.
- Assists with facilities projects, including but not limited to, updating/maintaining a list of open office conditions, floor maps, and fire and safety lists, as well as badge activation.
- Provides support for new hire office set-ups.
- Ensures that guest offices have functioning phones and sufficient office set-up on a daily basis.
- Legal Key - records management, including sending files off site and requesting file returns when required. Liaison with Firm records department regarding updates, changes or special requests.
- Assists with CLE presentations; copy and distribute handouts and sign-in sheets.
- Process invoices; provides back up assistance for expense reports.
- Provides back up secretarial assistance when needed; includes typing, filing, indexing, assembly of binders; entering time; assisting with billing or additional clerical work requested by the attorneys.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience is required. Prior experience in a law firm setting is preferred.
- Solid planning and organizational skills, ability to manage multiple and diverse projects concurrently, demonstrated diplomatic tact, and willingness to take on special projects.
- Ability to handle demanding/busy situations that may occur while maintaining a high level of professional conduct.
- Strong communication skills both oral and written, as well as excellent interpersonal skills.
- Solid working knowledge of Windows 7, Microsoft Office 2010 and Outlook.
- Must be available to work overtime as needed and as requested.