Project Planner and Scheduler
|Commitment:||Full Time||Practice Area:||Engineering|
|Compensation:||Competitive Compensation||Education:||Relevant Work Experience|
This role will support capital and O&M projects from conception to delivery. The successful candidate must have the ability to create project and program master schedules, manage project plans from planning, scheduling, budgeting, tracking milestones and KPIs. This candidate must be have the engineering knowledge to fully understand construction projects, estimate utility projects and provide technical support.
Job Functions and Responsibilities
- Candidate supports project managers and engineers for capital and O & M projects including planning, scheduling, cost accounting, budgeting , and forecasting, key performance indicators, and project controls and closeouts for the department of Operational Performance.
- Directs the overall project plan and project schedule to establish schedule compliance measures and insure project completion on time and within budget while coordinating with Project Management, Engineering, Design and Procurement as well as other stakeholders.
- Oversee weekly inputs from the various leads (engineering, project management, subcontractors and sites) to identify schedule risks.
- Generate project schedules and update tracking tools for the Program Controls Group and generate required reports.
- Demonstrate knowledge of PM and/or industry standard methodologies and tools and provide technical expertise to projects.
- Administer reconciliation between program controls data with financial systems and Project Managers.
- Administer project controls activities on Non-recurring O&M projects and Capital Projects
- Coordinate project reporting to leads, manage manpower requirements and monitor deliverables; coordinate work within departments
- Generate and distribute to the Authority weekly, bi-weekly and/or monthly progress reports for project status including updated schedules, percentages of work completed, expended man-hours and funds, identified work delays and any other relevant project information.
- Implement process improvements to meet quality standards, performs feasibility studies and solves basic problems.
- Maintain the reports relative to progress / productivity, and resource forecasts, to assist the Lead and Project Manager with cost reporting and personnel requirements
- Excellent interpersonal skills. Ability to interface and coordinate work on a daily basis with other Authority divisions and external organizations.
- Effective communication and writing skills.
- Ability to view tasks logically, break them down into essential requirements, and generate a solution to meet the project goals.
- Ability to handle smaller projects from start to finish.
- Ability to work independently and with minimal daily supervision.
- Ability to identify and solve problems.
- MS Project is required. Must be Proficient Microsoft Office products and at a minimum, be able to create pivot tables to manipulate raw data from various other sources.
- Knowledge of Primavera is required. Must be able to create and maintain schedules in Primavera/ MS Project to track milestones and resources.
- Knowledge of SAP is a plus but not a requirement.
Educations and Certifications
- Bachelor's of Science degree in engineering and/or construction management is preferred
- 5 – 10 year experience in planning and scheduling/project controls / program controls; experience on multiple sides of the business (i.e., consultant, owner, owner rep, contract/architect, contractor, engineer) a plus
- Field experience preferred.
Monday through Friday
7.5 hour work day with .5 hour unpaid lunch
Paid for time worked only; there are no paid holidays, vacation or sick days
Overtime is not permitted unless authorized in advanced.