|Contract Type:||Contract||Compensation:||Competitive Compensation|
Job Functions & Responsibilities
Our clients Knowledge Management Initiative is focused on leveraging the collective experience and expertise of our employees to deliver innovative customer services, and a sophisticated energy infrastructure to NY State.
Working for the Director of Knowledge Management, the candidate will support, develop, and lead specific projects within the Knowledge Management Office (KMO).
Candidates will be responsible for providing leadership and direction of specific Knowledge Management (KM) projects for business groups within the company. This includes:
- Work with assigned business groups to define the KM strategy and lead implementation of initiatives that promote knowledge sharing, preserve data, enable leveraging of information assets, and facilitate utilization of knowledge within the organization.
- Define and prioritize current knowledge management challenges and be responsible for the identification, implementation, and monitoring of solutions to enable the organization to work more efficiently and deliver valuable solutions to our customers.
- Provides project management and communication leadership working with multi-function teams.
- Assists in the development of and supports each business groups content strategy
- Leverages developed KM approaches (Community of Practice, Lessons Learned, Facilitated transfer of Best Practices, etc.)
- Define and Implement effective metrics and reporting to reflect realized value of implemented solutions
- Lead Knowledge Management projects from requirement to solution delivery
- Provide Project Management to assigned initiatives
- Highly proficient in communicating complex concepts and their value in tangible, easily understood terms
- Effective as a champion for KM and promote continued enhancements in process, content, and IP best practices within the assigned business group(s)
- Proficient in leveraging SharePoint as the IT pillar in support of KM Projects
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
Education and Certifications
- Bachelor’s degree required
- KMI, APQC, or similar certification preferred
- 3-5 years leading Knowledge Management projects from requirement to solution delivery
- Additional consideration for candidates with experience in Energy and Utility Industries.
Monday through Friday
7.5 hour work day with .5 hour unpaid lunch
Paid for time worked only; there are no paid holidays, vacation or sick days
Overtime is not permitted unless authorized in advanced.