Patent Docketing Specialist
|Compensation:||Competitive Compensation||Education:||Undergraduate Degree|
Our client in Boston has an immediate need for a patent docketing specialist
- Responsible for the accurate review, entering, processing and tracking critical dates for of all IP related patent documents received from the USPTO and foreign associates. Responsibilities include maintaining the Patent docket system, Computer Packages, Inc. (“CPi”).
- The Patent Docketing Specialist must have prior Patent IP docketing experience of at least 5 years and demonstrate high attention to detail, excellent execution and communication skills, and planning skills.
- The person must be capable of organizing his/her workload, exercise independent judgment and discretion while working autonomously (seeking counsel when appropriate) and work under pressure often with competing priorities.
- Accurate and timely completion of responsibilities and tasks to ensure strict deadlines are adhered to and met is essential.
- Responsible for accurate review, processing and docketing all Patent documents received from the USPTO and foreign associates, we well as maintenance of Patent records and related docket entries in CPi. Reviewing incoming faxes and distribute promptly.
- Responsible for entering and tracking critical dates with respect to Patent prosecution while discerning the appropriate information to enter into the docket in a timely and accurate manner; interpreting official documents and correspondence to gather necessary information for entry into CPi. Responsible for monitoring and tracking annuity due dates and payments.
- Processing and interpretation of incoming correspondence from the USPTO, attorneys, clients and foreign associates for entering into the Patent database.
- Preparation of timely and accurate reports, searching for and retrieving filing information from websites if/when needed to maintain the integrity of the CPi database.
- Promptly email relevant communications to the attorneys especially when mail is addressed to only Patent Docketing while also saving documents to File Site.
- Regularly perform significant and recurring tasks with a high degree of priority, attention to detail and maintain follow-up on diverse activities – all in a timely, deadline-driven environment. Exercise good judgment in application of policies and practices in handling all patent prosecution matters handled by Patent Docketing.
- Perform additional duties as requested by the Docket Manager and Department Manager.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines in a timely manger
- Ability to read and comprehend complex materials involving legal and technical matters
- Prior experience and knowledge of litigation areas of legal practice
- Ability to accurately and thoroughly document and file information
- Sound judgment and problem-solving skills.
- Customer-focused attitude, with high level of professionalism and discretion.
- Familiarity with MS Office suite.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Desire to work as a team with a results driven approach