Media Relations – Contract
|City/Region:||Long Island||Commitment:||Full Time|
|Contract Type:||Contract||Practice Area:||Marketing|
1. Research, write, and edit news releases, tip sheets, media alerts and pitches to secure regional, national, and international earned media coverage for the University, its faculty and students.
2. Develop and oversee an “editorial calendar of story opportunities, and monitor and act upon media outlets’ known editorial opportunities (e.g., special story focuses, awards, accolades, experts’ opportunities, op-ed and speaking opportunities, etc.)
3. Book faculty experts for interviews in print, broadcast, digital media outlets, and in the University’s In the Know studio.
4. Monitor and post strategic content, and multimedia assets, to the University Newsroom and social media platforms.
5. Actively and strategically engage key reporters vis twitter and other social media outlets
6. Participate in on-call media relations assignments
7. Other duties as assigned
Special Skills Required:
Bachelor’s degree in public relations, communications, journalism, marketing or English. Three-to-five years of full-time public/media relations experience. Proven track record working with print, digital, and broadcast news media to facilitate news coverage of client/employer. Existing proven working relationships with reporters and bloggers. Exemplary writing. Department would like to see a writing sample along with resume of potential candidates.