Manager, Operational Accounting
|Industry:||Accounting / Tax||City/Region:||Irving|
|Commitment:||Full Time||Contract Type:||Direct Hire|
|Practice Area:||Accounting||Education:||Relevant Work Experience|
Our client in Irving, TX has an immediate openings in their Support Center for a highly motivated Manager, Operational Accounting.
- Performs all duties and responsibilities in support of field services and operations. Supports the Support Center Objectives, including: "If you are not serving the Guest, serve someone who is."
- Responsible for accurate and timely reporting within the cash and fixed assets functions, assisting in the preparation or review of journal entries across those functions and raising issues to supervisors on a timely basis.
- Train, mentor, hire and assess performance of a team of 6 people – direct reports.
- Prepare and review technical accounting research for the proper application U.S. GAAP and implementation of new rules in areas of responsibility.
- Review schedules and reconciliations related to store accounts (e.g., deferred revenue, inventory, fixed assets, vendor rebates).
- Review or prepare cash and credit card reconciliations, as well as review delinquent deposit report.
- Prepare and review various schedules included in the monthly financial reporting package, as well as provide variance explanations for year-over-year and budget versus actual differences.
- Prepare, upload, and post journal entries.
- Review Store P&Ls for exceptions (e.g., negative cost of goods sold, abnormally low or high expenses, etc.).
- Represent the accounting team on various corporate initiatives (e.g., roll-out of play pass, inventory management, implementation of procurement).
- Review CapEx reporting to internal management team. Forecast remaining spend on capital projects, including the impact of capitalized labor. Gather information from capital project management teams.
- Review the fixed asset rollforward and all fixed asset life cycle events. Review construction in progress and depreciation end dates to ensure compliance with company policies.
- Design and run Workday reports and queries.
- Assist in drafting, preparing or reviewing schedules related to SEC filings, Audit Committee, Board meetings, and investor presentations, as needed.
- Performs other duties and lends assistance to co-workers as directed by the immediate supervisor or other members of the Support Center Management Team.
- Responsible for all facets of the fixed assets and inventory, including supervising personnel, policies and procedures, reviewing journal entries, reconciliations, reports, variance analyses, and schedules.
- Collaborate with Purchasing, Financial Planning & Analysis, Information Technology, Real Estate and other departments as needed to establish budgets, perform variance analysis, drive system enhancements, account for store roll-outs and store openings / closings.
- Responsible for all Workday and Workday integration system enhancements in fixed assets and inventory, including design, configuration and testing.
- Review the reconciliation of the perpetual inventory records to the General Ledger quarterly and also assist in researching variances in the perpetual records to the physical inventory counts for Topeka, Parts, Foland, and other Support Center Inventories (Purchasing). Interface directly with external auditors.
- Responsible for internal controls in fixed assets and inventory. Ensure that all controls are documented and operating effectively. Identify areas to streamline and automate process. Implement best practices and recommend overall process improvements.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Finance
- 4+ years Accounting//Finance experience
- 2+ years Public Accounting experience (preferred in Audit)
- CPA (preferred)
- Computer software: Proficient in Excel, MS Word, and Outlook. Workday experience (preferred).
- Proven ability to critically evaluate key processes and internal controls and implement improvements.