|Contract Type:||Direct Hire||Compensation:||Competitive Compensation|
Our client in Houston is looking to add a Litigation Secretary to their team. This opportunity can be permanent or temp to hire.
**Please note that a four year degree and trial experience is required. This litigation team actually does go to trial a fair amount, which makes this a very fast paced desk.**
- Create and edit documents, mail merges, charts, graphs, tables, etc.
- Prepare and process legal documents and papers, such as corporate documents, closing documents, summonses, subpoenas, complaints, appeals, motions, and pretrial agreements, etc.
- Maintain files and calendar.
- Handle administrative tasks such as billing, time recording and expense reimbursements.
- Schedule appointments, meetings and travel arrangements.
- Mail, fax, or arrange for delivery of legal correspondence and other documents to clients, counsel, witnesses, and court officials.
- Receive and place telephone calls.
- Make photocopies of correspondence, documents, and other printed matter. Scan and clean up documents utilizing scanner equipment and software.
- Assist attorneys and paralegals with all preparation and logistics during trial, including coordinating meals, travel arrangements for attorneys or witnesses, scheduling court reporters or witnesses as needed.
Additional Desired Experience:
- Strong organizational skills.
- Keyboarding skills of at least 65 wpm.
- Advanced skills in MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Knowledge of format, legal procedures and specialized terminology.
- Working knowledge of windows applications, including e-mail and document management systems.
- Knowledge of Texas State and Federal Court Systems, including eFiling and rules.
- Flexibility in working overtime as requested.
- Strong communication skills needed to communicate with all levels of personnel.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- 6+ years of experience supporting IP attorneys.
- Experience entering time into DTE or other time capture system.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines in a timely manger
- Ability to read and comprehend complex materials involving legal and technical matters
- Ability to accurately and thoroughly document and file information
- Sound judgment and problem-solving skills.
- Customer-focused attitude, with high level of professionalism and discretion.
- Familiarity with MS Office suite.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Desire to work as a team with a results driven approach.