|Industry:||Legal||City/Region:||West Palm Beach|
|Commitment:||Full Time||Contract Type:||Direct Hire|
|Practice Area:||Legal||Education:||Undergraduate Degree|
Our client in West Palm Beach has an immediate opening for a Litigation Secretary.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Draft and process legal documents with State, Federal and Bankruptcy Courts, such as summonses, subpoenas, complaints, appeals, motions, and pretrial agreements, etc. and, proofread same.
- Create and edit word documents. Occasional mail merges and creation of charts, graphs, tables, etc.
- E-file court documents.
- Maintain files and calendars.
- Manage administrative tasks, such as billing and expense reimbursements and, occasional recording of time entry.
- Schedule hearings, meetings, appointments and, coordinate travel arrangements.
- Mail, fax, or arrange for delivery of legal correspondence and other documents to clients, counsel, witnesses, and court officials.
- Receive and place telephone calls.
- Make photocopies of correspondence, documents, and other printed materials. Scan and clean-up documents, utilizing MFDs and software.
- Flexibility in working overtime as requested.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree and strong academic record preferred.
- Five years relevant experience in Litigation required.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Keyboarding skills of at least 65 wpm.
- Advanced skills in MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Knowledge of format, legal procedures and specialized terminology.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft applications, including Outlook and document management systems.
- Strong communication skills needed to communicate with all levels of personnel.