|Commitment:||Full Time||Contract Type:||Direct Hire|
|Practice Area:||Legal||Education:||Relevant Work Experience|
Our client in Atlanta is looking for a Litigation Secretary to join their team on a direct hire basis. The Secretary position in the Litigation department is responsible for preparing a variety of litigation pleadings. This person will have extensive client contact including handling incoming calls, as well as correspondence and appointment setting, creating and maintain files and e-files along with other administrative support.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Prepare and process legal documents such as; corporate documents, closing documents, summonses, subpoenas, complaints, appeals, motions, and pretrial agreements, etc.
- E-File documents in both State and Federal Court.
- Create and edit documents, mail merges, charts, graphs, tables, etc.
- Maintain electronic and paper files.
- Maintain and manage calendar. Schedule appointments, meetings and travel arrangements.
- Handle administrative tasks such as billing, time recording and expense reimbursements.
- Mail, fax, or arrange for delivery of legal correspondence and other documents to clients, counsel, witnesses, and court officials.
- Receive and place telephone calls.
- Make photocopies of correspondence, documents, and other printed matter.Scan and clean up documents utilizing scanner equipment and software.
- Assist attorneys and paralegals with all preparation and logistics during trial, including coordinating meals, travel arrangements for attorneys or witnesses, scheduling court reporters or witnesses as needed.
Education & Experience
- Direct experience supporting Litigation attorneys.
- Experience entering time into DTE or other time capture system.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines in a timely manner.
- Ability to read and comprehend complex materials involving legal and technical matters.
- Ability to accurately and thoroughly document and file information.
- Sound judgment and problem-solving skills.
- Customer-focused attitude, with high level of professionalism and discretion.
- Familiarity with MS Office suite.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Keyboarding skills of at least 65 wpm.
- Knowledge of format, legal procedures and specialized terminology.
- Working knowledge of windows applications, including e-mail and document management systems.
- Knowledge of Georgia State and Federal Court Systems, including electronic filing and rules.
- Flexibility in working overtime as requested.