|Commitment:||Full Time||Contract Type:||Direct Hire|
|Practice Area:||Legal||Education:||Relevant Work Experience|
Our client has an immediate opening for a Litigation Secretary in their Houston office.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Prepare and process legal documents and papers, such as corporate documents, closing documents, summonses, subpoenas, complaints, appeals, motions, and pretrial agreements, etc.
- E-File documents in both State and Federal Court.
- Create and edit documents, mail merges, charts, graphs, tables, etc.
- Maintain electronic and paper files.
- Maintain and manage calendar. Schedule appointments, meetings and travel arrangements.
- Handle administrative tasks such as billing, time recording and expense reimbursements.
- Mail, fax, or arrange for delivery of legal correspondence and other documents to clients, counsel, witnesses, and court officials.
- Receive and place telephone calls.
- Make photocopies of correspondence, documents, and other printed matter. Scan and clean up documents utilizing scanner equipment and software.
- Assist attorneys and paralegals with all preparation and logistics during trial, including coordinating meals, travel arrangements for attorneys or witnesses, scheduling court reporters or witnesses as needed.
Additional Desired Experience:
- Strong organizational skills.
- Keyboarding skills of at least 65 wpm.
- Advanced skills in MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Knowledge of format, legal procedures and specialized terminology.
- Working knowledge of windows applications, including e-mail and document management systems.
- Knowledge of Texas State and Federal Court Systems, including eFiling and rules.
- Flexibility in working overtime as requested.
- Strong communication skills needed to communicate with all levels of personnel.