|Industry:||Administrative / Clerical||City/Region:||Atlanta|
|Commitment:||Full Time||Compensation:||Competitive Compensation|
Our client in Atlanta has an immediate opening for a Legal Secretary.
This position provides all aspects of administrative support to attorneys within the department.
- Provides secretarial support to assigned attorney(s) which may include typing, drafting documents, answering phones, scheduling appointments, calendar management, dictation, opening and distributing mail. Deals with sensitive, confidential information and ensures that day to day support for team runs smoothly and effectively.
- Prepares legal documents, correspondence, memos, letters and reports.
- Assists with drafting and preparing documents such as petitions, motions and interrogatories. Establishes and maintains files and enters data into a case management system.
- Sends and retrieves documents from Records as needed and follows work flow procedures as it relates to opening/closing matters and generating engagement/disengagement letters.
- Answers phone, deals with routine inquiries for both internal and external contacts; refers calls to other contacts as needed and takes thorough messages. Utilizes strong communication skills, both written and verbal. Maintains a courteous and service driven demeanor at all times.
- Maintains attorney calendar(s) and contact lists as requested. Arranges all aspects of both internal and external client meetings and conferences. Stays apprised of calendars and actively communicates changes or reminders as needed.
- Coordinates all business-related travel arrangements for direct report attorneys. Submits all business-related expenses for reimbursement on behalf of the attorney(s).
- Maintains familiarity with legal terminology, working knowledge of applicable court filing rules, including electronic filing protocols in state and federal courts, basic legal procedure and law firm document protocol. Has knowledge of legal document formats such as contracts, agreements, briefs, summonses, complaints and motions.
- Ensures a high level of service when interacting with clients, opposing counsel, and other related internal and external contacts. Maintains discretion and sound judgment when interacting with others both external and internal to the Firm. Assumes a helpful, proactive and professional manner at all times when dealing with both internal and external clients. Supports and cultivates service standards as expected by the Firm.
- Operates standard office equipment such as computers, photocopiers, calculators, and uses required software applications to effectively perform job duties. Scans and cleans up documents utilizing scanner equipment and software. Convert and format documents from other software applications.
- Records, edits, and submits timesheets through time and billing system.
- Takes initiative to build on existing skills through both self-directed development, as well as Firm sponsored training programs. Shows willingness to share knowledge of specialist with others in the Firm. Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Uses initiative and creativity to solve problems and research information to advance matters.
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- Must have 3-8 years of experience.
- Must have prior experience supporting Corporate or Transactional attorney(s).
- Keyboarding skills of at least 65 wpm.
- Advanced skills in MS Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.