|Industry:||Administrative / Clerical||City/Region:||Houston|
|Practice Area:||Administrative||Compensation:||Competitive Compensation|
Our client in Houston has an immediate need for an IP Secretary.
- Handle administrative tasks such as photocopies, billing, time recording and reimbursements.
- Open new files and create file folders for attorneys and paralegals.
- Transcribe dictation of patent applications, memorandum, and communications.
- Proof for grammar on correspondence.
- Schedule, initiate, and coordinate conference calls with various parties inside and outside of the firm. Manage telephone and video conferences across multiple time zones.
- Create and edit documents, mail merges, charts, graphs, tables, etc.
- Strong communication skills needed to communicate with all levels of personnel.
- Flexibility in working overtime as requested.
- Generate assignments and declarations from forms and provide to client for signature;
- Initial review of office action and create rough draft of response from form, including inserting text of office action and standard paragraphs;
- Prepare and file information disclosure statements including foreign references;
- Retrieve references from US and international databases;
- Review issued patent for typographical errors from Patent Offices;
- Forward Letters Patents to client with transmittal letter from form with paralegal input;
- Send timely reminders to client and attorneys for action items;
- Work with attorneys and paralegals to assist meeting docket deadlines;
- Review US maintenance fees schedules and coordinate with paralegal timely notices to clients and payments;
- Format US patent applications to PCT requirements;
- Coordinate and handle receipt of requests from foreign counsel and obtain necessary documents including apostilled documents;
- Review and coordinate timely annuities with staff for pending foreign applications and issued foreign patents;
- Filing of patent documents in US Patent Office PAIR system;
- Gathering documents from files or the Internet needed for a patent or trademark filing or response; and
- Review status of trademark or patent records by looking in online databases.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- 7+ years of experience supporting IP attorneys.
- Experience entering time into DTE or other time capture system.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines in a timely manger
- Ability to read and comprehend complex materials involving legal and technical matters
- Ability to accurately and thoroughly document and file information
- Sound judgment and problem-solving skills.
- Customer-focused attitude, with high level of professionalism and discretion.
- Familiarity with MS Office suite.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Desire to work as a team with a results driven approach