|Company:||Nexus Staff||Location:||New York|
|Industry:||Staffing & Recruiting||City/Region:||Long Island|
|Commitment:||Full Time||Contract Type:||Contract to Hire|
|Practice Area:||Accounting||Education:||Undergraduate Degree|
Who We Are:
Nexus Staff is a nationwide client centric staffing firm that provides customized searches resulting in a carefully selected portfolio of professionals for our clients to choose from. Our mission at Nexus Staff is to provide our clients with top talent, competitive pricing and the highest level of customer service while assisting our applicants in both reaching and exceeding their career potential.
Nexus Staff works with companies of various industries and sizes (startups, mid-tier, and fortune 500 companies). We strive is to become the preferred source for employment by delivering best-in-class service to our clients while providing a positive and productive environment for our internal employees.
What We’re Looking For:
Nexus Staff is seeking a dedicated HR/Accounting Assistant to join our Floral Park team. This role is responsible for supporting and assisting the HR/Operations Manager with an array of day-to-day functions to ensure that all back-office operations run smoothly and efficiently.
The HR/Accounting Assistant will perform a variety of administrative, accounting and HR functions. The ideal candidate will be a highly organized self-starter with a passion for people and numbers.
In this role, you will:
- Answer the company phones; screen and direct all calls
- Assist with the on-boarding and offboarding of all temporary and internal employees
- Partner with HR/Operations Manager to prepare and process weekly multistate payroll in ADP
- Assist with managing and weekly updating of various spreadsheets
- Partner with HR/Operations Manager and benefits broker to administer company benefits plans
- Serve as a point of contact for all employees concerning administrative and human resources matters
- Assist with the processing of weekly invoicing
- Assist with daily processing of accounts receivables; entering payments into QuickBooks
- Assist with weekly vendor reach out for outstanding invoice, resolving payment discrepancies
- Perform ad-hoc administrative duties
What the role requires:
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or Accounting preferred
- 2+ years of Human Resources experience; 1+ years of A/P and A/R experience
- Experience with ADP Workforce Now
- Experience with QuickBooks preferred
- Self-motivated and self-directed
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
What we offer:
- Competitive salary
- Medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance
- Casual work environment
Nexus Staff is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and to attracting and retaining the most qualified employees.