|Contract Type:||Direct Hire||Practice Area:||HR|
A downtown Indianapolis manufacturer that has been around for more than 100 years seeks a highly experienced and polished Human Resources Manager to join its ranks! The HR Manager will provide the full spectrum of HR support from labor relations, staffing, compensation & benefits administration, payroll, employee relations, performance management, legal risk mitigation, information reporting, and employee training and development for the US-based salaried employees.
HR MANAGER DUTIES:
• Provide input and support for talent development process, align succession planning with staffing needs and complete full talent assessment with gaps closed with employee development plans. Lead the talent roundtable process and provide coaching/support to leaders and employees. Fully develop HR staff reporting to this role for future growth.
• Develop position-specific competency lists with interviewing team for each new open position, lead consistent staffing processes and obtain talent that will have a high degree of successful performance in their new role.
• Design and lead the educational workshop sessions in support of the key principles of the high performance/learning-based culture, including performance management, effective leadership, teamwork and collaboration, personal development, global mindset, and customer focus.
• Ensure labor and employee relations are aligned with people strategy. Equip leadership with appropriate skills and tools to enable and improve employee satisfaction.
• Work directly with employees and managers to ensure development plans overlap with business objectives and are specific and actionable to support employee’s career growth.
• Assist with the implementation and assures the integrity and compliance of HR policies and initiatives.
• Build & maintain strong relationships with business and union leaders in key positions within supported organization.
• Investigates and responds to general HR questions from the organization.
• Maintains oversight and leadership of all HR functions, including labor/employee relations, staffing, compensation, benefits & pension administration, payroll, and employee training/development.
• Manage USW Contract and lead grievance process. Assist with preparation and execution of USW contract negotiations.
• Reinforce open communication channels and apply policies and practices in a fair and consistent manner in order to increase engagement and minimize legal risk. Provide sounding board for all associates.
• Consistently administer compensation program, considering internal equity and salary budget constraints.
• Demonstrate a high level of integrity and business ethics, continuous improvement, sharing of best practices and learning at all levels of the organization.
• Utilize sound business judgment to make decisions will a full evaluation of risk and take actions to minimize the potential for negative financial and employee relations impact.
HR MANAGER QUALIFICATIONS:
• BS in Business/related field or equivalent experience required
• Minimum ten years generalist experience in Human Resources required, preferably in a union manufacturing environment
• Ability to work as a business partner with exceptionally strong communication and ability to develop effective, trusting working relationships
• Strong functional HR knowledge including the ability to staff open positions following standard process with high quality candidates, ability to lead investigations in a fair and consistent manner, and ability to design and lead targeted education sessions.
• The ability to interact effectively with employees, including listening with empathy and concern to employee’s issues and problems, speaking to all employees with respect, and being approachable.
• Ability to align HR programs/structure with business needs
• Sound business judgment and decision-making skills
• Ability to effectively influence and partner across a global organization
• Customer Service mindset – responds promptly to emails and phone calls, has a helpful approach with employees, is accessible, and follows up timely with employees with a status update.
• Ability to resolve issues effectively and has ownership of the resolution.
• Team player and continual learner who thrives in a fast-paced, high-growth environment
• Ability to follow standard work and avoids repeat errors.
• Proficient use of MS Office, including Excel and PowerPoint, and ADP and Kronos experience preferred