Document Indexer Specialist
|Industry:||Administrative / Clerical||City/Region:||Queens|
|Commitment:||Full Time||Contract Type:||Contract|
|Practice Area:||Administrative||Compensation:||Competitive Compensation|
Document Indexer Specialist
This role will provide site administrative support for Operations at a Power Plant in Astoria Queens. This plant is a busy commercial operation and is one of the cleanest, most efficient plants that sustains the power demands New York City and its boroughs.
This role requires a self-starter that is motivated and well organized with a positive attitude and the ability to provide administrative, office support and document support in a challenging and fast paced environment of energy.
Job Functions & Responsibilities
- Update documents and store on a SharePoint application
- Work with different Document systems to upload and to create a document management form that will embed appropriate metadata, and other information that will make document management process as seamless as possible.
- File, log, track and update spreadsheets for a variety of Safety, Environmental, Operations and Maintenance documents and reports.
- Partner and network with other administrative support personnel in order to collaborate, obtain information, solve problems and get things done.
- Handle sensitive and/or confidential documents and information.
- Understand taxonomies and facets, and their role in improving search retrieval precision.
- Keep an accurate up-to-date calendar for Senior Manager. Schedule travel and important daily meetings including independently determining priority for conflicting schedules.
- Screen and respond to phone calls and email as appropriate.
- Coordinate Department meeting arrangements including agendas, notes and follow-up.
- Generate reports, handle multiple projects, and prepare and monitor various reports.
- Close work orders in Maximo and IBM Computerized Maintenance Management system.
- Enter labor hours into work orders
- Scan, upload and create links for work orders and other documents in Maximo, Share Point, and network drives.
- Maintain Share Point web site for region
- Schedule meetings and site visits, as needed.
- Track all progress in centralized data management tool, and provided regional progress reports as needed.
- Advanced Degree
- Excellent Word skills and thorough understanding of the Microsoft office suite.
- SharePoint design and management skills
- Experience with an Enterprise Content Management System/Records Management System; proficient with Open Text Content Server (formerly Livelink).
- Knowledge of a variety of different document types and formats, including Engineering reports and legal documents.
- Strong Graphic styles, the ability to create word documents that are polished and easy to read, attention to type faces and spacing.
- Ability to successfully prioritize work on multiple tasks.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- SharePoint technical skills and proficiency is a must have skill
- Experience with an Enterprise Content Management System/Records is desirable
- Strong technical skills and including proficiency with MS Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Knowledge of Maximo and SAP preferred
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Proven working experience in administrative support
- Self-motivated and well-organized with a positive attitude towards challenges and the ability to set and meet deadlines
- Ability to work with sound judgment to successfully prioritize multiple tasks
- Enthusiasm to participate in and support an operations team in a fast paced environment
Education and Certifications
- A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college is preferred.
- In lieu of degree, minimum of 5 years of secretarial experience in progressively demanding environment and High School Diploma or equivalency, two year degree. 5-8 plus year of proven administrative and office support.
Monday through Friday
8 hour work day
Paid for time worked only; there are no paid holidays, vacation or sick days
Overtime is not permitted unless authorized in advanced.