Director of Respiratory Therapy
|Commitment:||Full Time||Contract Type:||Direct Hire|
|Practice Area:||Healthcare||Education:||Relevant Work Experience|
Are you a certified Respiratory Therapist with strong leadership skills who is being underpaid and undervalued? Come earn GREAT pay working for a groundbreaking treatment facility near downtown Indianapolis that also offers three weeks of paid vacation for its employees!
The Director of Respiratory Therapy will help lead respiratory therapy services at a treatment and rehab center patients with traumatic brain injuries or advanced pulmonary conditions that require ventilation. The first-of-its-kind facility has 78 dually-certified beds.
Director of Respiratory Therapy Duties Include:
- Develops respiratory therapy staff by providing information and developing in-house training programs
- Complies with federal, state and local certification requirements
- Conducts pulmonary function tests, assessing evaluations to determine treatment plans in consultation with physicians and by prescription
- Supports life by administering inhalants; operating mechanical ventilators; therapeutic gas administration apparatus, environmental control systems, and aerosol generators
- Recommends adjustments and modifications
- Completes discharge planning
- Designs therapeutic plan for patients after discharge
Director of Respiratory Therapy Qualifications:
- Minimum three (3) years Respiratory Therapy experience required.
- Previous experience in a leadership role preferred
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Computer literacy preferred
- Ability to direct and oversee the work of others is required
- Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT)