Database BI Developer
|Commitment:||Full Time||Contract Type:||Direct Hire|
|Practice Area:||IT||Education:||Undergraduate Degree|
Our client in Dallas is looking for a Database Business Intelligence Developer to join their team. The Database Business Intelligence (BI) Developer will create and manage BI and analytics solutions that turn data into knowledge. Ultimately, the Database BI Developer will enhance the business intelligence system to help make better decisions.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Translate business needs to technical specifications.
- Design, build and deploy data warehouse and financial & accounting BI solutions (e.g. reporting tools).
- Maintain and support data analytics platforms.
- Create tools to store data (e.g. OLAP cubes).
- Conduct unit testing and troubleshooting.
- Evaluate and improve existing BI systems.
- Collaborate with teams to integrate systems.
- Develop and execute database queries and conduct analyses.
- Create visualizations and reports for requested projects.
- Develop and update technical documentation Develop dashboard reports from relational database.
- Identify best practices to communicate metrics through dashboard; recommend enhancements.
- Analyze available data, identify and recommend best sources for building reports.
- Work with business users to gather specifications for data and report requirements.
- Identify data sources to extract business information for reporting purposes.
- Coordinate with the business team on additional data marts to support dashboard reporting, including coordination of data validation with business users.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- 5+ years’ experience as a SQL Database BI Developer or Data Scientist.
- Proven track record building complex data warehouse and able to write complex stored procedures or SQL.
- Prefer experience with Financial and Accounting systems.
- Strong Experience with Pivoting and Un-Pivoting data within stored procedures.
- SQL 2008, SQL 2012, SQL 2016. Extensive working experience on SQL Server, SQL queries, SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) and SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS).
- Background in data warehouse design (e.g. dimensional modeling) and data mining.
- In-depth understanding of database management systems, online analytical processing (OLAP) and ETL (Extract, transform, load) framework.
- Some Visual Studio, Team Foundation Server and .Net Experience will be big plus
- Familiarity with BI technologies (e.g. Microsoft BI).
- Excellent troubleshooting skills and the ability to reverse engineer in a timely manner.
- Proven abilities to take initiative and be innovative.
- Analytical skills with a problem-solving aptitude.
- Ability to learn new technical skills easily and troubleshoot data-related issues and errors.
BS/MBA in MIS/Computer Science, prefer double major with accounting/MBA.