|Commitment:||Full Time||Contract Type:||Direct Hire|
|Practice Area:||IT||Education:||Undergraduate Degree|
One of the nation’s leading publishers seeks a Data Engineer for its Princeton, NJ office. The position comes with a six-figure salary and amazing benefits. The Data Engineer will be part of database engineering team and play a role in the analysis, design, implementation, and support of a series of applications for the publishing business.
Data Engineer Responsibilities:
Responsible for ongoing software development for a business line interfacing with users and management in the planning of major functionality, analyzing business functional requirements to determine the scope of work, evaluating available application alternatives to support business needs, and managing the deliverables to completion.
- Design, Implement and support Data Models, Integration processes that provide timely access to large datasets. Build fault tolerant, self-healing, adaptive and highly accurate Data platforms.
- Develop Data Integration Platforms – Transactional & Warehouses using ETL Tools, Data Quality Scorecards, Data Cleansing functions, Validated Integrations etc. with high availability/ scalability & performance.
- Develop detailed Technical design documentation, User Guides and Release Notes for all development efforts.
- 5+ years of related work experience in Data Engineering
- BS/BA in technical field, Computer Science, Mathematics preferred or related work experience
- Expertise in developing and maintaining tables, views, stored procedures, user-defined functions, complex queries using Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio (T-SQL).
- Performance tuning SQL Queries using different tools. Clear understanding of query plan.
- Experience in building Data Pipelines (using SSIS or equivalent) against disparate data sources such as flat files, databases, xml files and/or unstructured data & web services.
- Experience with building front end dashboards utilizing C#/.NET framework is a plus.
- Familiarity with Amazon Web Services (S3, RDS, Red Shift etc.) or Microsoft Azure ecosystems.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills are required.
- Ability to work independently and as a key contributor in a distributed team environment.