|Commitment:||Full Time||Contract Type:||Contract|
|Practice Area:||Administrative||Education:||Undergraduate Degree|
Our client has an immediate opening for a Corporate Secretary in their Boston Office on a temporary basis.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Draft and process legal documents relative to banks, finance companies, public and private investment funds, and other financial institutions on a transactional basis, including mergers & acquisitions, financing in a broad range of industries & services focusing on technology, debt capital market transactions including high yield debt and, syndicated loan financings, restructurings, securitization, second lien, and mezzanine financings.
- Private equity & finance law, venture capital firms, investors, commercial lenders and private companies, including leveraged buyouts private equity financings, venture debt financings, restructurings, recapitalizations and general corporate matters.
- Real estate for private & public sector clients, including zoning, land use, leasing, acquisition/disposition, design, development, construction and procurement for commercial, institutions.
- Corporate matters for a large regional health care system, health care providers, lease finance companies, mutual insurance and technology companies, manufacturers, marketers and distributors of durable and consumer goods, software and food products, agricultural cooperatives, professional service organizations, real estate investment, development entities, complex commercial transaction, divestitures, entity formations, both domestic and cross-border.
- Create and edit Word documents, charts, graphs, tables, and proofread same.
- Maintain files utilizing LegalKey and Outlook calendars.
- Manage administrative tasks, such as billing, expense reimbursements.
- Schedule meetings, appointments and, coordinate travel arrangements.
- Mail or arrange for delivery of legal correspondence and other documents to clients.
- Receive and place telephone calls.
- Make photocopies of correspondence, documents, and other printed materials. Scan and clean-up documents, utilizing MFDs and software.
- Flexibility in working overtime as requested.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree and strong academic record preferred.
- Three to Five years relevant experience in Corporate required.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Keyboarding skills of at least 65 wpm.
- Advanced skills in MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Knowledge of format, legal procedures and specialized terminology.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, iManage/FileSite.
- Strong communication skills required to communicate with all levels of personnel.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines, prioritize work from direct report attorneys as well as attorneys from other offices.
- Ability to work independently and with team members.