|Industry:||Accounting / Tax||Contract Type:||Direct Hire|
|Compensation:||Competitive Compensation||Education:||Relevant Work Experience|
Our client in the Grapevine area is seeking a Controller to join their small accounting operations. This role will report to the Administrator and work with hands on month end close, revenue cycle and manage a team of 3 Billing Specialists, Payroll and AP. Ideal candidate will have Healthcare industry experience and have managed medical billing processes.
The main role of the Controller is to consolidate and control the accounting operations for several smaller entities, including production of timely reports of some of the surgery centers. He/she will also oversee the development and growth of an accounting system that has a comprehensive set of controls capable of managing continued practice growth.
Essential Job Functions
- Works hands on with GL and month end close
- Directs the operations of the accounting function including payroll and develops implementation plans of goals, objectives, policies and priorities ensuring compliance with state and federal guidelines
- Oversees the medical revenue cycle from pre-approvals with insurance companies and co-pay collection to billing insurance carriers, patient statements, and final collection.
- Develops strategies to ensure efficient accounts payable and receivables practices. Maintains the chart of accounts.
- Prepares financial statements and recommends benchmarks to measure performance of company operations.
- Analyzes financials and reports variances from budget indicating issues, trends and recommends change to ensure stability.
- Research, analyze and recommend ideas for validating capital investments, pricing decisions and contract negotiations.
- Coordinate auditor’s needs, providing internal information as needed.
- 5 years plus in public accounting or private industry preferred. An equivalent combination of education and experience may substitute.
- CPA preferred.
- Knowledge of processes and internal controls in a business environment and experience with business process reengineering and change management projects.
- Supervisory experience in delegating, guiding, directing, counseling and evaluating subordinates preferred.
- Strong working knowledge of GAAP principles and the latest accounting standards and requirements.
- Strong communication skills to work effectively with management and staff at various levels in the organization and with external consultants and auditors.
- Strong ability to prepare, analyze and comprehend financial statements, reports, and spreadsheets.
- Ability to prepare required financial reports and schedules in a clear, concise and logical manner and in accordance with organizational requirements.
Knowledge of the healthcare and medical industry a plus but not a requirement.