|Commitment:||Full Time||Contract Type:||Direct Hire|
Our client in Providence, RI is looking for a Compensation Analyst to join their team. The Compensation Analyst is responsible for researching, tracking, reporting and budgeting employee compensation for the company. The Compensation Analyst works closely with Accounting and HR team members to align staff and attorney salary and incentive pay with the company’s compensation goals and philosophy.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Administers the annual staff merit increase program
- Administers the annual staff and attorney bonus process and calculation
- Oversees the monthly calculation of attorney incentive payments that are based on the individual attorney meeting certain collection based performance goals
- Conducts compensation research using compensation surveys and other sources to collect and analyze competitive salary information
- Tracks current monthly and annual headcounts for turnover calculations
- Reviews requests for new or revised jobs or classifications to determine appropriate pay ranges
- Formulates recommendations regarding development of company salary structure, FLSA exemptions, job revisions and organizational structures
- Generates reports as requested using data from HRIS system downloads. Assists in the generation and analysis of compression analyses, market adjustment reports, out-of-range reports, exemption change reports, or other compensation-related analyses
- Other duties as assigned
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Business or a related field AND
- Minimum 4 years of experience researching and recommending compensation as part of an HR role
- OR any combination of education and experience that provides the necessary knowledge, skills and abilities
- Strong knowledge and understanding of Compensation-related principles, policies, and laws
- Strong knowledge of Compensation design, development, and administration
- Working understanding of HRIS systems
- Excellent communication (written, oral, and phone etiquette) and interpersonal skills.
- Strong decision-making and analytical skills. Ability to problem-solve and reach logical, sound decisions and conclusions.
- Strong organizational skills, follow through, and attention to detail.
- Demonstrate a positive personal and professional image consistent with the Firm’s culture and values.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to establish trust and maintain effective and cooperative working relationships with Firm personnel.
- Project enthusiasm and positive attitude; foster collaboration and team atmosphere.
- Solid working knowledge of Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook required.