|Commitment:||Full Time||Contract Type:||Direct Hire|
|Education:||Relevant Work Experience|
Our client is looking to hire a Communications Specialist to be based in its Boston office and support public relations initiatives, including media relations, surveys and day-to-day communications activities on a direct hire basis.
- Writes content for press releases, media pitches, the Firm’s website, external newsletters, deal and award submissions.
- Assists with social media posting and other materials as assigned.
- Participates in actively identifying and securing media opportunities for our lawyers with regional, national and trade outlets.
- Helps manage media lists and track coverage.
- Assists in the management of responses to media-related firm surveys, deal submissions and award nominations.
- Works closely and collaboratively with members of the Firm’s Marketing and Business Development team.
- Assists with other projects and duties as assigned.
Education & Experience:
- Undergraduate degree required, with a specialization in communications, journalism, or an equivalent field
- Minimum 3-4 years of PR or Communications experience, with demonstrated proactive and reactive media relations ability; experience in professional services industry or public relations agency preferred
- Strong computer and word processing skills are required
- Advance Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel software as well as the ability to learn software
- Attention to detail and strong organizational skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to learn quickly and to perform in a fast-paced environment, meeting frequent deadlines
- Flexibility to adapt to quickly-changing priorities