|Commitment:||Full Time||Contract Type:||Direct Hire|
|Practice Area:||Marketing||Education:||Undergraduate Degree|
Our client is looking for a Communications Manager to be based in its Chicago, Dallas or Houston office to manage and execute public relations initiatives, including media relations and day-to-day communications activities.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Manage and execute day-to-day communications initiatives and activities, including reviewing, proofreading and writing content for press releases, media pitches, the Firm’s website, external newsletters, deal and award submissions.
- Working closely with the Director of Marketing and Communications, proactively identify, secure, review and evaluate media opportunities for our lawyers with regional, national and trade outlets.
- Support and enhance social media efforts to further elevate lawyers, practice areas and the brand.
- Work closely and collaboratively with members of the Firm’s Marketing and Business Development team.
- Monitor and regularly report results of communications and public relations activities.
- Provide day-to-day supervision of Communications Specialists and Social Media Coordinator.
- Other projects and duties as assigned.
Education & Experience:
- Undergraduate degree is required, with a specialization in communications, journalism, or an equivalent field.
- Minimum 5-7 years of PR or Communications experience, with demonstrated ability and experience managing a team; experience in public relations agency, media or professional services industry preferred.
- Strong computer and word processing skills are required; Advance Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel software as well as the ability to learn software.
- Attention to detail and strong organizational skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication and strong editing skills.
- Ability to learn quickly and to perform in a fast-paced environment, meeting frequent deadlines.
- Flexibility to adapt to quickly changing priorities.