|Contract Type:||Contract to Hire||Practice Area:||Collections|
|Compensation:||Competitive Compensation||Education:||Relevant Work Experience|
Our client in Western NY is a Collections Agency and is in need of a strong Collections Specialist (consumer collections) to join their Debt Recovery team. This role will service clients by directly contacting individuals who are unacceptably late in paying fees owed, and influencing these individuals to make payment arrangements to reduce all or some of their debt.
- Contact and produce payments from consumers with consistently acceptable results.
- Consistently obtain or exceed goals each month (bonus on top of hourly pay).
- Accurately assess what action is most appropriate on each call to help produce desired results and act accordingly.
- Develop a complete and accurate consumer profile on each call.
- Consistently request PIF (Payment in Full) on first call. Schedule workable payment arrangements on next contact if PIF proves unattainable.
- Demonstrate effective skip-tracing judgments, techniques, and ethics.
- Know and adhere to all regulations of FDCPA and applicable collection laws of all states .
- Practice collections techniques consistent with industry standards, legal standards, client specifications and demonstrate dignity, respect, assertiveness, and firmness in interactions with consumers, regardless of consumer behavior.
- Provide specific and understandable requests to Administrative Support when additional client information must be obtained to successfully collect.
- Recognize when it is beneficial and appropriate to involve assistance to accomplish work successfully and does so.
- Communicate ideas and suggestions and actively seek ways to help strengthen the team and organizational performance.
- Recognize and manages job stress in a positive, productive manner and supports other associates in handling job stress and minimizing its negative impact.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently with minimum supervision.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively as needed.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to accurately and efficiently document action on accounts and enter data into computer system.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate assertively, diplomatically, and articulately over the phone.