CAD Technician/Drafter and Senior CAD Designers
|Compensation:||Competitive Compensation||Education:||Relevant Work Experience|
Since 1959, this well-established Indiana civil engineering firm has developed a reputation of providing clients the best civil engineering design solutions. Because of exponential growth, the firm seeks CAD Technicians / Drafters and Senior CAD Designers to work on a variety of projects from its Indianapolis office. Candidate may work on wastewater systems, water treatment plants and storm water projects.
CAD Technician / Drafter:
The essential functions of this position will include working with computer CAD systems, creating, modifying, and releasing detailed layouts, technical drawings, and word documents for functional use in accordance with company standards.
- A minimum of 2 years of recent local experience within the Civil Engineering industry
- Experience with AutoCAD and Civil AutoCAD drafting software.
- Familiarity with typical Civil Engineering plans (grading, paving, water, sewer, preliminary and final plats as well as surveys).
- Ability to set up drawings, work with multiple external reference files, create and organize blocks and work with company standards.
- Familiarity with the word processing software programs word and excel.
- Familiarity with the municipal submittal and review process.
Senior CAD Designer:
The essential functions of this position will include working directly with the Project Engineer/Manager to ensure that neat and precise CAD drawings are being produced on time and within budget and that municipal guidelines and company standards are being met.
- 5 plus years of recent, local experience within the Civil Engineering industry.
- Experience with AutoCAD software including: 3-D modeling, alignments, profiles, labeling commands and other software capabilities found within the AutoCAD Civil 3D package.
- Familiarity with civil support software for hydrology, hydraulics and flood modeling.
- Ability to establish basic design criteria and perform basic engineering tasks with minimal supervision.
- Ability to supervise and mentor junior team members.
- Actively participate in our Quality Assurance program
Job Type: Full-time