|Commitment:||Full Time||Contract Type:||Direct Hire|
|Practice Area:||Engineering||Education:||Relevant Work Experience|
An employee-owned civil engineering firm is currently seeking a CAD Operator to work in its Transportation business unit supporting the downtown Indianapolis, Fishers, or Ft. Wayne office. As a senior CAD Technician your duties will consist of plan preparation for road and bridge projects, training, and standards implementation. MicroStation / InRoads experience and experience with INDOT projects is necessary. Abilities setting geometrics and familiarity with the AASHTO codes is helpful.
The firm offers:
Excellent salary and bonus potential
Excellent Paid Time Off allowance
ESOP – Firmis employee owned
Competitive health/dental insurance premiums
Flexibility in Work Hours
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Developing CAD Drawings for transportation projects.
- Competence with Road and Bridge plan development.
- Training others in MicroStation and InRoads.
- Preparing quantities and level 1 calculations.
- Enhancing drafting automation and efficiency of the group.
- Plan checking for conformance to standards.
- Minimum of an Associates Degree in AutoCAD Drafting preferred
- 3-5 years relevant experience
- Must be flexible with work hours
- Strong organizational skills required