|Industry:||Accounting / Tax||City/Region:||Providence|
|Commitment:||Full Time||Contract Type:||Direct Hire|
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Processing all transactions related to requests for proformas, bill edits and bills including narrative edits, time/cost transfers, hour and value adjustments, unbilled write offs, rate revelations, dividing entries.
- Maintain and process electronic bills via a variety of client applications as requested. Includes budgeting, transaction validation, bill transfer and documentation.
- Set up and maintain special client rate tables and bill formats as requested by attorneys.
- Review and process unbilled write-offs.
- Assist attorneys and secretaries with billing problems, reports or client inquiries as needed.
- Assist in preparing weekly and monthly reports and proformas as needed.
- Assist Billing Manager with special projects and reports as required.
Education & Experience:
- Associate or Bachelor’s degree in accounting/business administration or finance preferred.
- Minimum two to three years’ billing experience in a professional services environment preferably law firm.
- Elite Enterprise experience – a must*
- Computer skills - ability to learn and use multiple computer systems which include:
- Excel- including ability to format worksheets, create formulas and sort data
- Interface with client billing applications via Internet or other file transfer method as required by client
- Familiarity with other Microsoft office products including Outlook and Word.
- Ability to quickly identify issues and resolve in a timely manner
- Understanding of general accounting concepts.
- Good communication skills - ability to work with all personnel levels.
- Ability to safely perform essential functions with or without reasonable accommodations.
- Attention to detail and accuracy highly valued.
- Punctuality and regular attendance.
- Safe and successful job performance, including meeting productivity standards.
- In order to retrieve records from cabinets, employee will be required to bend/crouch.
- Duplicating and filing will require extended periods of time standing.
- Manual ability required for computer keyboard/typing, filing tabs and handling tab panels.
- Vision ability required for viewing small-type size.
- Hearing ability required for extensive phone usage.