Assistant Project Manager
Our client in Irvine CA, is looking for an Assistant Project Manager to assist in the planning, management, and execution of work for assigned construction projects. The ideal candidate will be required to lead tasks include the ability to manage the project's quality standards, owner expectations, and overall subcontractor management.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assists with the overall planning, management, and execution of the construction project from inception to closeout.
- Assists the Project Manager and Superintendent in preparing the Project Management Plan (PMP) and its implementation within the project.
- Organizes and conducts pre-construction planning meetings.
- Participates in value engineering services as appropriate during preconstruction.
- Obtains and reviews plans and specifications and determines their completeness and consistency including the ability to obtain permits and resolving other regulatory requirements as necessary.
- Manages project materials and equipment procurement within the project budget constraints and consistent with the project delivery schedule.
- Ability to negotiate owner and subcontractor change orders, and manages the resulting cost and profit impact.
- Leads/delegates the Project Engineering tasks when applicable and able to mentor.
- Controls the payment of job costs based on document review and approval and coordinates with the job cost accountant for payments and lien releases. Participates in monthly job cost reviews to declare project status.
- Coordinates all final close out procedures for the project including as-built drawing, punch lists, final billing, occupancy permit, owner acceptance, project manuals, warranty letters, subcontractor close out, letter of substantial completion, and letter of recommendation.
- Bachelor's degree in a commensurate field of study pertaining to the construction industry.
- Minimum of two or more years of commercial construction experience.