Application Development Team Lead
|Commitment:||Full Time||Contract Type:||Direct Hire|
|Practice Area:||IT||Education:||Relevant Work Experience|
One of the nation’s leading publishers seeks an Application Development Team Lead in Princeton, NJ, to provide technical and team leadership through coaching and mentorship. The direct hire role comes with a SIX-FIGURE SALARY, AMAZING BENEFITS, and POSITIVE WORK ENVIRONMENT with a well-known, well-respected company!
APPLICATION DEVELOPMENT TEAM LEAD ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Guide team development efforts towards successful project delivery.
- Provide technical leadership to teammates through coaching and mentorship.
- Maintain high standards of software quality within the team by establishing good practices and habits.
- Identify and encourage areas for growth and improvement within the team.
- Communicate on team and project status with Sr. Management.
- Collaborate with other software developers, business analysts and software architects to plan, design, develop, test, and maintain business applications built on Microsoft technologies.
- Assist in the collection and documentation of user's requirements, development of user stories, estimates and work plans.
- Prepare reports, manuals and other documentation on the status, operation and maintenance of software.
- Design, develop, and test applications in accordance with established standards.
- Maintain a strong team environment and encourage collaboration amongst members.
- Work with teammates in the migration of legacy applications to current Microsoft technologies.
- Analyze and resolve technical and application problems.
Application Development Team Lead Technical Skillset:
- Programming in .Net Core and Angular frameworks.
- Strong understanding of the Angular architecture and utilize best practices within the development life cycle.
- Strong understanding of .Net Core architecture.
- Strong understanding of Microsoft Azure.
- Strong understanding of source control repositories and the workflows within.
- Understanding and experience working within project management software such as JIRA.
- Provide technical consultation and development support for existing and new custom applications and portal systems.
- Prepare technical specifications, design documentation, code walk-throughs, test plans, and documentation of completed code.
- Gain knowledge in business processes, standards and terminology pertaining to the publishing industry.
- Design, maintain, and support enterprise application systems, web applications and portals, custom reports, etc.
- Has the ability to work with various development tools, languages, and platforms.
- Collaborate effectively with programmers, IT staff, and Business Directors on development projects. Help define requirements and explain the capabilities and limitations of various systems
APPLICATION DEVELOPMENT TEAM LEAD EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Prior experience in a technical leadership position
- 5+ years of application development experience using the Microsoft Development Tools, C#, SQL Server
- 5+ years in web-based development using Angular, MVC, C#, Azure
- 5+ years of experience integrating JSON, RESTful, SOAP and WSDL web services
- 5+ years of experience in database programming using Microsoft SQL Server and Transact SQL
- 3+ years of experience in database programming using Microsoft Reporting Services (SSRS)
- Strong understanding of UI design, implementation
- Understanding of SharePoint and implementation of SharePoint web parts
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent level of experience.