|Industry:||Accounting / Tax||City/Region:||Dallas|
|Commitment:||Full Time||Contract Type:||Direct Hire|
|Practice Area:||Account Management||Compensation:||Competitive Compensation|
Our client in the North Dallas area is seeking an Accounting Manager reporting directly to the Pharmacy Director. The purpose of the Pharmacy Accounting Manager role is to provide comprehensive management and financial support to the pharmacy’s business office operations while focusing on identifying, quantifying, projecting, and communicating key business drivers to leadership.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field
- Seeking a minimum of 3 years in finance within a health care setting, (preferably LTC pharmacy)
- Extensive knowledge of accounting and financial analysis related to pharmacy
- Prior supervisory experience in a pharmacy business office environment, to include two (2) years of payment posting, billing and/or collections experience, is preferred.
- Hands on working knowledge of bookkeeping and accounting principles.
- Payroll processing experience with a time and attendance system is desirable.
- Excellent leadership and managerial skills
- Ability to manage all forms of communications at various levels
- Comprehensive financial planning, analysis and reporting for the pharmacy division.
- Complete and hands-on oversight of the day to day functions of the Pharmacy Business Office including:
- accurate claims processing
- adjudication, and reconciliation in addition to Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, and Payroll functions.
- Oversight of the monthly close and financial statement preparation
- Ensures that financial records and claims of the Pharmacy division (including individual pharmacies) are accurate and timely while meeting compliance with documented financial system policies, procedures, and practices.
- Preparation of any governmental or regulatory reporting, including audits
- Accounting and Business Office policies and procedures
- Compiles data and provides cumulative reports on a routine or periodic basis as required by CFO or Director of Pharmacy.
- Oversees the recruitment, selection, and training of competent department staff.
- Ensures a working environment that promotes respect and dignity amongst its staff population.
- Completes employee evaluations on either an annual basis or post-probationary period, as well as provides counsel or disciplinary action when appropriate.
- Organizes and/or actively participates in Business Office or Pharmacy meetings.
- Makes periodic rounds of the central pharmacy business office and other pharmacy branches to ensure, via first-hand observation, that the environment is being maintained in a safe and sanitary fashion, that systems are in place, that physical assets of the Business Office are maintained in good condition, and that employees are appropriately attired and receiving appropriate supervision.
- Assure that adequate financial records and cost reports are submitted to appropriate personnel, departments or governmental agencies in accordance with the policies and procedures of company.
- Maintains knowledge of applicable rules, regulations, policies, laws, and guidelines that impact billing, collections and payor sources.
- Adheres to internal controls for applicable state/federal laws, and the program requirements of accreditation agencies and federal, state, and private health plans.
- Ability to function as a Team Leader/Role Model.