|Commitment:||Full Time||Practice Area:||Accounting|
|Compensation:||Competitive Compensation||Education:||Relevant Work Experience|
Our client in Uptown Dallas is looking to hire an Accounting Manager to join their team. This position is responsible for managing a portfolio of development and operating projects and the Intercompany Financing Program.
Development/Operating Accounting: Responsible for assigned developments/operating properties and mentoring Senior Accountants.
- Loan document review and tracking of lender reporting requirements and draw constraints.
- Prepare and/or review monthly construction loan draws. Work with lender on resolving issues in order to fund timely.
- Prepare and/or review monthly GAAP financial statements including classification of costs during the construction process, development fees, common cost allocations, fixed assets and estimated costs to complete when project is delivered.
- Prepare and/or review monthly project cost summaries for development team.
- Prepare capital calls, capital distributions, waterfall schedules and external reporting.
- Assist in the preparation of annual development and operating budgets.
- Accounting for property acquisitions and dispositions, including review and summarization of related documents and preparation of journal entries. Track post closing items.
Intercompany Financing Program: Manage accounting for Intercompany Financing Program.
- Maintain and/or review appropriate schedules as required for the team.
- Participate in weekly meetings to understand and plan for future events.
- Review and approve journal entries for fundings, interest expense, loan fees, and pay offs.
- Review and approve intercompany elimination entries.
- Assist with reporting quarterly accounting information. Prepare final schedules of project costs with variance analysis.
- Maintain monthly calendar and assist as needed during peak times.
Assist in ad hoc projects as necessary and other duties as assigned
- Degree in Accounting, CPA Required
- Management Experience (2+ years)
- Real Estate development and partnership accounting experience
- Strong organizational, planning and analytical skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Desire to learn and accept new challenges
- Strong Excel skills with JD Edwards experience preferred.